Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

25 minutes ago, MountainGeek said:

made it to 10" here, still snowing pretty good...it's a sandwich of about 7" snow, 1" hard crust of frozen sleet/ice, and then 2" of snow on top.....this is going to make an AWESOME glacier for the next few days. Wonder if snowcover can hold through Christmas...... :snowman:

CONGRATS! It WILL hold thru Christmas!

This, is ONLY the beginning. This is the start of a winter that shall be long remembered in the Mid Atlantic, and torrential snows are coming soon to places that saw mix or rain today. You can Bank on it! Better Yet, Bank on Bitcoin lol! It hit 22000 today! Thats up 2500 just in the past 9 hours!

Dont forget to pile that snow up HIGH on the north side of sunlight-blocking objects like your house! Pile it super high! Make sure everyone KNOWS you worship snow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't get an accurate measurement on the new stuff...wind is howling up on my ridge...blowing everything around.  I would guess around 9" total so far.  

@HighStakes I am going to go with your measurement for the post sleet part of this storm...the wind up here is just too ferocious to get any kind of accurate measure.  You might be more sheltered down there to get a better idea.  Also...if we can get that band forming now to our SW to pivot through here in the next 2 hours we might break 10".  Definitely a good way to start the year.  

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I can't get an accurate measurement on the new stuff...wind is howling up on my ridge...blowing everything around.  I would guess around 9" total so far.  

@HighStakes I am going to go with your measurement for the post sleet part of this storm...the wind up here is just too ferocious to get any kind of accurate measure.  You might be more sheltered down there to get a better idea.  Also...if we can get that band forming now to our SW to pivot through here in the next 2 hours we might break 10".  Definitely a good way to start the year.  

Its blowing pretty good down here too. I see the band. 

7 inches with afternoon snow, then about an inch of sleet/snow mix and then about 1.5 so far of snow on top of that. Total 9.5 as of now. 

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic