Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

As the system finally closes off its mid and upper level circulation we will see this current band continue to pivot, but it will also backbuild and fill a little...how fast that happens will determine our fate.  I made my stance...I think we get a decent snowfall tonight...but we will see.  

Please tell me how this didn’t make the BINGO card. :lol: Hello @NorthArlington101

CD1D3F62-09D6-48B8-A1F9-40B181C0FFCD.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

you need to get under a heavy band to mix out the warm layer that blased north at the mid levels

Yeah I just dont know if the future radar is correct or not it is back filling in a bit but radar shows snow atm and future but shows snow and mostly sleet radar returns are a strange thing. Going to be a nightmare if I get much more sleet. reminds me of the early 90s when we ended up having a inch of snow then go like 3 inchs of sleet the next 10-12 hours. Im glad it wasnt frz rain.

Just came in from trying to get some ice pics with the SLR.  Can't get a handheld shot worth a damn and heard loud cracking of weighted down tree limbs.  Oh great!  Haven't heard it like that since the ice storm in 2014 which did heavy damage in our forest of balsams and spruce trees.  Lights flickered a few times and picked up a few power line flashes to our west too.  It's going to be a long night.  It's sleeting hard now.  Rain started at 1609 here with 8" of snow.  Cleared the lane as it's never fun to deal with that crust on top!  Insert obligatory "Imagine if this stayed all snow" line here! ;)

• Like 2

With this extra snow it finally got powdery enough for drifting! (had to do it!) but it is true! The back stairs look like a Ski slop now because he steps have snow drifted all up them!

2cdf50fa2cd853348c7c445d8e81b684.jpg

unless someone who should be getting ice reports snow or someone in the mountains who rarely posts stops by, feel pretty confident we are good here!

Evening y’all. After fighting for good sleep for 2 hrs earlier today, I managed to finally pass out until my
alarm went off at 930. Time to get ready for one final mid shift. In the meantime, I hope everyone in here got to cash in on some snow today. I haven’t looked at anything, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I’ll be checking in off and on tonight when I got time. Enjoy the winter weather

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic