Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

Yep starting to pick up and changeover to a majority snow here. The back edge has slowed w of HGR, but it’s still moving NE a bit. Cue @psuhoffmanto tell us where the lagging ULL energy is to spark off some good banding if it shall come.

Certainly has transitioned to higher ratio type snow.  Hard to tell because it is dark out but these rates right now might rival earlier today.  

This last batch has been sweet because of the wind. Snow blowing all over. I really enjoyed this storm...had around 6” of snow, sleet, freezing rain that looks cool on the Christmas lights, sleet again, and now back to blowing snow.
I love all snow but there is nothing better than December snow before Christmas. 

• Like 3

it has been about %80 sleet for me for the last 4 hours tho radar showed snow when we didnt get the breaks. So far had about 6 inchs of snow before the sleeting started. Future radar suggest heavy snow bands to come but not sure if its showing snow and I get sleet like im getting now. Temp down to 24 our forecast was forecasted to be 26,

20 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Radar is definitely exploding but it looks like it's all advancing northeast rather quickly and the changeover line is lagging behind.

IF....dangerous word...the euro idea is correct another band develops behind the current back edge as the upper level support closes off and catches up to the surface low in the next few hours.  I think that band will develop...its on ALL guidance now...but some develops it up over PA and some over MD.  We will see soon.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

IF....dangerous word...the euro idea is correct another band develops behind the current back edge as the upper level support closes off and catches up to the surface low in the next few hours.  I think that band will develop...its on ALL guidance now...but some develops it up over PA and some over MD.  We will see soon.  

So... what you’re saying is that it splits the difference and pops over you and I? ;)

Good catch man. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic