Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

I havent experienced falling temps with freezing rain and sleet (10 hrs after the storm started) with the changeover to snow line heading toward me from the SW.  Interesting dynamics with this storm..

I cant remember a storm where I ever got hit after dry slotting either. I havent gotten hit yet. But with the obs down south it is going to happen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I cant remember a storm where I ever got hit after dry slotting either. I havent gotten hit yet. But with the obs down south it is going to happen. 

Obviously would have preferred the 12-18" that was a real possibility a few days ago but I have enjoyed this one nonetheless.  Sledding with the kids in ridiculous rates, chili, bourbon, fire in the fireplace....packed it all in. lol  A coating to 2" tonight would be icing on the cake...

• Like 2

More and more optimistic about the euro being onto something for tonight seeing our winds veer to the north and the Radar blossoming to the south. That warm nose should be gone in the next hour or two for the favored spots as the low gets up to our latitude and wraps up as well. Closed h85 low right on top of us to help enhance some Precip returns. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic