Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

Just now, poolz1 said:

Just spitting a flake here and there but something has to be changing around upstairs.  ZR and sleet the past few hours here as well.

That's good to hear. IF that stuff in SWVA makes it hear, makes me optimistic we can snow more without having to relay on vort snows swinging in overnight. 

43 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Look at h5 vorticity/trough axis and orientation. The general idea going back a week or more was a trough going negative tilt to our west. I knew if that idea held, with ridging out in front, and a warm atlantic, my yard was fuucked.

Better off being you than the yard. 

Just now, ravensrule said:

It had switched to 50/50 snow sleet mix and it was at 3.5"

Thanks. That jives with the Pimlico and another spotter nearby in the city. I’m ready for some backside love.

How’d you do? By the way, I rode Hillside yesterday on my bike and about wiped out on some black ice. That road is always so cold and shady. And pretty!

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Thanks. That jives with the Pimlico and another spotter nearby in the city. I’m ready for some backside love.

How’d you do? By the way, I rode Hillside yesterday on my bike and about wiped out on some black ice. That road is always so cold and shady. And pretty!

I hope your girlfriend is around tonight, i wouldn't count on the snow. I don't know because it was heavy sleet and ZR by the time i got home. Good for you, that street always is. I hope you are ok. I can barely make it on my Peleton i'm so lazy. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

I hope your girlfriend is around tonight, i wouldn't count on the snow. I don't know because it was heavy sleet and ZR by the time i got home. Good for you, that street always is. I hope you are ok. I can barely make it on my Peleton i'm so lazy. 

She’s here but you may not approve. She’s more than two decades younger than me. :santa:

33 and getting hot in here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Some higher CC returns down near Charlottesville.  Maybe the colder air sweeping in and precip there is sleet and snow?

Was just about to post that. It does look like there's a change back to snow trying to occur. Also that's right where the leading edge of the 850/925 temps go back below freezing.

6 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

That would be nice.

Ground is still white here but everything is melting/getting washed away so fast.

My fellow weenie / brother down in olney off 108 said the same. 

My folks on the other hand... 24 and heavy snow - expecting 12-16” 30 mins NW of NYC. I’m not not jealous. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic