Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, MDphotog said:

If that purple is supposed to be sleet, I can tell you it is not accurate up North of Frederick, all snow here.

Decibel relative to Z values - not necessarily directly correlated to actual precip type with regards to radar returns. If you also take into account how far you are located away from KLWX, I'm not surprised to see some variance or inaccuracies. 

8 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Interesting to see the low so far east on the latest HRRR. It takes it almost ENE off Virginia Beach. Surprised we would still turn to mix/rain in that scenario. It does jump it back west toward Bethany, which I'm guessing is just a feedback issue.

The zig zag northwest was a wierd forecast depiction. Snow direction is varying from east to northwest so cold air is not retreating and low is not inland nor will it be up the bay.  If baro keeps dropping at 0,04-0.05ph the critical time for immediate n and w suburbs looks to be 2-3pm.  Nowcasting at its finest 

10 minutes ago, Scraff said:

What kind of beer? Beer geeks must know! Haha.  I’ll start hitting it around 3-4:00. Enjoy though. Nothing better than a roaring fire, beer in hand, and rippin fatties outside in full blown mountain scenery. 

PS-we need a “cheers” emoji in here. B)

It’s a Cisco Brewers pale ale...we went there in the summer while we spent a week in Nantucket so some family brought a case during Thanksgiving.  Working through them now :)

Ob...SN, 20 degrees, and there’s something magical about watching a fluffy dendrite float down from the sky and land in the snow.  I think I have a problem :D

• Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic