Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

dude.  I am just glowering at what it shows.  you can't draw a better dividing line than where I-95 runs and that includes the beltway.

Your location is so iffy for this one - it sucks. I’m watching the snow in DC and expecting that home will flip within 30 minutes of when it flips here.

I just hate that seeing CC will kill that feeling of elation at snow coming down because you know precisely when it’ll stop. I get that people think it’s neat, but for those on whose doorstep the flip is awaiting it’s not so cool.

• Weenie 1

Snow day for me snowing mod roads are just wet everything else has caved. worrying tho to south west we have a major dry slot working its way up quickly looks like we all ready had several hours of snow that passed. 26 atm way colder then forecasted at this hour.

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@Ji not liking the trend on the HRRR though. I went from 17 to 9” the last 2 runs. Keeps adjusting the warm layer and dry slot north faster the last 2 runs. 

I’m thinking somewhere in between. The heavy rates are overcoming the warm nose at the moment all the way into ROA. Mesoanalysis running right on tap it not a bit colder than predicted at the mid levels, with surface temps running a degree or two below. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic