• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

Just checked the 12z RAOB out of IAD. There appears to be a bit of a warm nose somewhere around 800 mb, but there's a bit of dry air above and below it. I wonder if the dry air would allow precip to cool the column more effectively and maybe offset that. It would have big implications for snow totals, especially down towards the cities if we can really thump for a few hours as SN or even +SN.

12zIADRAOB_121620.thumb.PNG.c96b7764a73a20f2d53d8f4c7f44a06e.PNG

• Like 2

Guys. The radar looks exactly like what was planned if anyone had any doubts. There was supposed to be limited QG Vector convergence until between 12-15z, then things will begin blossoming quickly heading north. By 18z, there should be a formidable slug and by 21z, it’ll be a wall of precip.

Heading to bed. One more mid left. Good luck to all. I hope to wake up to obs of SN+, ripping fatties, and puking snow. Have fun!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

This gradient being shown on maps is insane. 12”+ with less than 3” 20-30 miles away in some cases.... 

either some folks expecting 12” are gonna be super disappointed, or the I-95 corridor is in for a little treat. 

so far: HP is a bit stronger / south of progged. Not sure if that means anything but there’s a decent CAD signature down into VA

6 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 12z HRRR.  Warmest period between 3-7...if you stay more frozen this afternoon, you are overperforming.

B22F7E00-5A15-4975-B318-FB760B77471D.png

F09939FC-4A09-4C02-BBA7-6664C6F19DBE.png

DEE4E228-B389-43F9-89D3-7BD3BF55517D.png

What an absolutely incredible contrast in Baltimore county, assuming that the snow map only counts actual snow as snow.

It has my old home literally right on the edge of the good stuff, with a rapid drop just miles away. Makes for an incredibly tough forecast.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Good morning everyone! It’s going to do something today in the DMV weather world . Yep. I said it. The “S” word. “Something” :lol:

Eta: I always forget the best weenie radar. Who has a good one to use?  I do have Radarscope, but its not weenie enough for me. 

Static map

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 6

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic