• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

Good morning everyone! It’s going to do something today in the DMV weather world . Yep. I said it. The “S” word. “Something” :lol:

Eta: I always forget the best weenie radar. Who has a good one to use?  I do have Radarscope, but its not weenie enough for me. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Disc said:

Radar is fine. Lots of precip blossoming in NE TN and NW NC. There was nothing there this morning. All is going according to plan.

Oh good. I was worried my flood watch wouldn't verify.

28 degrees and waiting on my 5 minutes of slush followed by 2 more inches of rain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 2

no clue what temps are at home now.  was 30.4 at 5am.  Only good news for us I-95ers is that it got cloudy early.  Usually what happens is sun comes up, torches, clouds up and we fight a temp drop.  

Its whatever.  Not expecting much if any.  A couple hours of snow TV would be nice before the tropical thunder and downpours come later.

1 hour ago, mappy said:

for sure. good spot to start at this morning, even if a little dry. 

the 20s and sleet obs in Blacksburg are a little worrisome to me.. but I think that will be overcome by rates/ evap cooling.. should be a good lesson in Mid Atlantic Climo either way.. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Not sure if everyone is just trolling but radar seems pretty good to me relative to what the meso models had at this time.

Yea, SPC's HREF (experimental or operational?) seemed to initialize the Quebec high better than most and is, as a result, colder down through I-95 and maybe even into Annapolis. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic