• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

Yea, I really hope so for you guys out there. But here’s a sounding from one of your “heavy bands” on the 3k. Dgz not where you want it for heavy snow. Looks like probably warm layer there somewhere. On the run it shows heavy snow. So I’d expect at least 3-4 hours of mix. Still, I think you guys pull 8-12. (Hoping more)

image.thumb.png.efb92d43c1f6be928b237e041ef8a4b8.png

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

It's pretty clear what's happening, but let the football spiking continue in the ever-shrinking jackpot zone south of the Mason-Dixon.

I dont know what you expect me to do man. I am 12 hours from onset and a model is crushing me. I am gonna talk about it in a storm thread. 

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know what you expect me to do man. I am 12 hours from onset and a model is crushing me. I am gonna talk about it in a storm thread. 

Be thrilled man. You deserve it. We all do. And everyone knows if they were likely the jack 12 hours before a big event, they’d be saying the same. Do you brother. This is a cut throat hobby and you are MORE than accommodating  to people’s IMBY concerns / questions during the tracking process.  Enjoy the storm!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21/17 in McHenry.  I actually wouldn’t be surprised if some sleet mixes in with snow tomorrow afternoon in McHenry...Euro/3k are both close to doing that but verbatim stay all snow.  Final call is 12-18”.  Upslope snow showers could add another 1” or so Thursday/Friday.  This has a good shot at being the biggest storm I’ve seen out there since we bought the house 4 years ago.

I’d wager the bullseye in the mid-Atlantic is likely going to be somewhere between Frostburg and Hancock into the WV panhandle.  

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic