Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Better track this time on the NAM. Low is better organized and tracks mouth of bay to off OC it appears. I am on shitty maps so dont kill me if I am wrong. 

Maybe just slightly better track. But makes no difference . Thermals are still shot out this way. You’re ok but prob pouring mix at some point

Just now, PivotPoint said:

Maybe just slightly better track. But makes no difference . Thermals are still shot out this way. You’re ok but prob pouring mix at some point

Fully expecting a sleet bomb here in central carroll county before the storm makes its move NE. Some of our best storms have had sleet however. 

• Weenie 1

However it turns out, when we had our best maps 2-3 days ago there was no low even to the west coast

Beside showing all scenarios models try to microscope things when they should be binoculars or telescopes. They try to predict very specific things for the east coast before Anything has showed up on the west coast or gulf coast and they rarely can do that successfully 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayyy said:

Fully expecting a sleet bomb here in central carroll county before the storm makes its move NE. Some of our best storms have had sleet however. 

Yea, it’s not usually a big deal out your way. 2-4 hours of mix won’t ruin it for you. Dc on the other hand, 2-4 of mix might be all of our frozen lol. I got to look for properties in Leesburg 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WEATHER53 said:

How many miles would you estimate?

honestly, I might take it back. it oscillates back and forth. I still think the models are having trouble figuring out exactly where to place the MSLP. Not that I expect it to bail us out at this point. Anyways, these were the panels I was looking at. 

00z

1608163200-uJkNLNMWwCE.png

18z

1608163200-9aFoLdSshWw.png

9 minutes ago, PivotPoint said:

Yea, it’s not usually a big deal out your way. 2-4 hours of mix won’t ruin it for you. Dc on the other hand, 2-4 of mix might be all of our frozen lol. I got to look for properties in Leesburg 

This will be my first winter up here in Union bridge with legitimate snowfall to track. The past year and a half has been brutal for all. Come to think of it, this my first big potential snowfall since moving here.

Cheers my friend. Hope you make out well! Have a feeling this will surprise.  

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic