Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Look, I know you got a thing with Mappy, that's why you're all over this.  Just relax man.  We're working this out. 

Every year the passive aggressives have to come out for winter. This is why tropical weather is better. 

To make this a weather obs for this thread

33.3° 187’ 

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Look, I know you got a thing with Mappy, that's why you're all over this.  Just relax man.  We're working this out. 

I got you. You’re right.
Sorry, It’s just almost like sometimes it seems like she’s jumps at the chance to create issues. Then if she doesn’t like what you have to say back, she “edits” you. It’s bs man. People don’t like that. It’s not cool

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Every year the passive aggressives have to come out for winter. This is why tropical weather is better. 

To make this a weather obs for this thread

33.3° 187’ 

I’m not passive aggressive I say exactly what I mean. You of all people should know that. Or learn what the phrase actually means brother

1 minute ago, PivotPoint said:

I got you. You’re right.
Sorry, It’s just almost like sometimes it seems like she’s jumps at the chance to create issues. Then if she doesn’t like what you have to say back, she “edits” you. It’s bs man. People don’t like that. It’s not cool

Goddamn you have an ax to grind. One person seems to cause you great angst. It’s too bad. She’s a great person and friend. 

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

22/19 in McHenry. 

and here in Arlington, enough brine to keep the roads from a 3 foot storm. 

Question for you and everyone/anyone else that cares to respond: Do you think I should enjoy this one in Westminster or head out to Deep Creek? 

We were gonna drive out tonight and check this one out there. There’s this weird thing about tracking the snow for my house and then experiencing the storm elsewhere lol

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, chris21 said:

I’m at 36/18 in Mt. Pleasant. I have about 200 feet of elevation and am right next to rock creek park which may explain the difference?

i'd imagine right there, but the most intense UHI in the entire city is actually Columbia Heights/Petworth area, so just a few blocks east from you really.

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Alright yall.  No need for hot towers in this here thread.    About to be puking snow in less than 24 hours.  Let's all calm down.

Or rain, depending on location. Hopefully the track is just mega wrong, and rewards everyone nicely.

The school closings are already rolling in...

3 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Question for you and everyone/anyone else that cares to respond: Do you think I should enjoy this one in Westminster or head out to Deep Creek? 

We were gonna drive out tonight and check this one out there. There’s this weird thing about tracking the snow for my house and then experiencing the storm elsewhere lol

I’d stay where you are since you’ll do well too. 

3 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

How much snow is on the ground right now in Deep Creek?

No idea. I’m heading up there at 5a tomorrow for the storm. I’ll let you know. But they got about 5-6” from Monday’s storm. 

55 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

No joke, I'm rooting for the rain- hopefully I can get to 80" for the year to go along with my 90" from 2018. Only need about 3.5" more.

If you're gonna fail, you might as well fail big.  I'd be happy to see a severe thunderstorm warning at this point. 

Or maybe a winter derecho with 8000j/kg? 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic