• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

For the smart posters, is there any chance this thing bumps east a bit and cuts off earlier? Say, it cuts off of of Virginia Beach? And what would a scenario like that mean?

GEFS percentages looked surprisingly decent for me. Better than 50-50 shot at six inches and 20-30 percent at a foot lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, H2O said:

Eyewall reconstruction 

puking snow. roads caved.  All the buzzwords will be here tomorrow and I'll be around to witness it.  I'm excited.    I'm actually kinda serious.    There's the off chance that we luck into a HUGE model error where every single model is 100% wrong.    Right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

puking snow. roads caved.  All the buzzwords will be here tomorrow and I'll be around to witness it.  I'm excited.    I'm actually kinda serious.    There's the off chance that we luck into a HUGE model error where every single model is 100% wrong.    Right?

Chance is there but this is DC. We all know how this one will go for us in the beltway. 

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Models can absolutely all bust. Especially when we’re talking 50 miles either way.  One slight miscalculation and the entire run can be toast with a thread the needle situation like this one. Let’s just hope it busts east, not west. 

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

January 2000 redux.

Mark it off on a bingo board.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, jayyy said:

Is it me, or is that track a lot better than 99.9% of models are depicting? A track like that would be conducive to much more than advisory snowfall for HoCo and that area just west of 95

I thought that at first glance but the fine print at the bottom says lows historically verify... 75% of the time.. within those big yellow circles. So uh, that's a large error range.

34 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Or...and hear me out...don't leave and just adjust your delivery?   This isn't a binary choice here.

Why should he have to adjust his delivery. Maybe others shouldn’t be so sensitive. Or the mod (shall remain Unnamed) that takes issue with anyone that’s less than sugary sweet to her. Come on 

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Sure

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gopper said:

I'm riding the WRF all the way to the bank on this one!  I think it is onto something ;)

image.png

It’s a good thing nobody’s making life decisions based off this map. Good grief. I’d give me left big toe to see 16” verify for you folks down in Baltimore 

...Unless it’s onto something. ;)

4 minutes ago, PivotPoint said:

Why should he have to adjust his delivery. Maybe others shouldn’t be so sensitive. Or the mod (shall remain Unnamed) that takes issue with anyone that’s less than sugary sweet to her. Come on 

Look, I know you got a thing with Mappy, that's why you're all over this.  Just relax man.  We're working this out. 

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic