Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm

Ralph Wiggum

13 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Glenn's 4pm snow map. Honestly I don't what we may be bitching about? Compared to last year this is gold...

g4.jpg

I heard whoever they have doing the weather from NBC10 on KYW before Glenn comes on, give those amounts - "3" - 6" for the city and more in the northern burbs. Mentions of starting as some snow and then the temp rising a bit and changing to sleet/rain and then changing back at night.

It's all dependent on where that rain/snow line sets up.

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

Much better WAA thump before the changeover to sleet even down to 95. Great improvement!

I live in the Three Bridges area about 5 miles northeast of Flemington. I'm guessing maybe 10 miles northwest of you. As modeled so far we are both right on the line for heavy snow. I'm looking forwad to your obs during the storm. Good luck?

26 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Glenn's 4pm snow map. Honestly I don't what we may be bitching about? Compared to last year this is gold...

g4.jpg

We’re bitching because 2020 has totally sucked and we got excited for a proper blizzard and now we’re getting 3-6 which will be downgraded to 2-4 by tomorrow morning and then probably end up just sleet and rain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 3

13 minutes ago, wkd said:

I live in the Three Bridges area about 5 miles northeast of Flemington. I'm guessing maybe 10 miles northwest of you. As modeled so far we are both right on the line for heavy snow. I'm looking forwad to your obs during the storm. Good luck?

Nice! Good luck to you too! Looking forward to my first storm in the Sourlands! Hopefully the CAD holds up and we stay heavy snow as long as possible. I think we are in pretty good shape for 8-12".

2 minutes ago, PhillyGeekGirl said:

We’re bitching because 2020 has totally sucked and we got excited for a proper blizzard and now we’re getting 3-6 which will be downgraded to 2-4 by tomorrow morning and then probably end up just sleet and rain. 

And 2-4" is 2-4 times more+ than we received ALL last year...it's not even (non Met) winter yet.

• Weenie 1

to all my weather friends  here - received this late this afternoon . You are the first to know  

Just received this from PEMA

Good Afternoon .

Thank you con contacting the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency.  The Governor will be issuing a State of Emergency Declaration for this snow storm (December 16-17).  You will have to check with Lehigh County directly to see if they are going to issue a County Disaster Declaration. 

Regards.

Tim

Timothy L. Roth | Emergency Management Supervisor

Private Sector Liaison

External Affairs Office

Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency

1310 Elmerton Avenue | Harrisburg PA  17110-9713

www.PEMA.pa.gov | www.Ready.PA.gov

Stay Calm, Stay Alert, Stay Safe

Like us on facebook.com/PEMAHQ

Follow us on Twitter @PEMAHQ and @PEMADirector

Learn how to Be Informed, Be Prepared, and Be Involved at www.Ready.PA.gov

EMAPaccredited_25

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

to all my weather friends  here - received this late this afternoon . You are the first to know  

Just received this from PEMA

Good Afternoon .

Thank you con contacting the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency.  The Governor will be issuing a State of Emergency Declaration for this snow storm (December 16-17).  You will have to check with Lehigh County directly to see if they are going to issue a County Disaster Declaration. 

Regards.

Tim

Timothy L. Roth | Emergency Management Supervisor

Private Sector Liaison

External Affairs Office

Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency

1310 Elmerton Avenue | Harrisburg PA  17110-9713

www.PEMA.pa.gov | www.Ready.PA.gov

Stay Calm, Stay Alert, Stay Safe

Like us on facebook.com/PEMAHQ

Follow us on Twitter @PEMAHQ and @PEMADirector

Learn how to Be Informed, Be Prepared, and Be Involved at www.Ready.PA.gov

EMAPaccredited_25

I "accidentally" watched their presser at 2 pm today.  They are trying to make sure they have things in place - particularly for the stripe going W --> E across central PA. that has consistently been showing as a jackpot area.  They are trying to ship vaccine around the state and as I recall from the presser, they were redeploying staff from the northern border areas of PA to help further south.

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

COVID19 land. :yikes::P

Enjoy!

On December 14th New Jersey had 4,800  new COVID cases with a population of 9 million, Pennsylvania had 9,500 cases with a population of 13 million, Florida had 8,500 cases with a population of over 21 million.

Florida currently has about 1/2 the COVID cases that the Northeastern US states do.  The recent fatalities mimic the same pattern.  

Enjoy Florida!  Restaurants, schools and bars open.   Masks are optional.   Less COVID.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3

7 minutes ago, DHS@ABE said:

On December 14th New Jersey had 4,800  new COVID cases with a population of 9 million, Pennsylvania had 9,500 cases with a population of 13 million, Florida had 8,500 cases with a population of over 21 million.

Florida currently has about 1/2 the COVID cases that the Northeastern US states do.  The recent fatalities mimic the same pattern.  

Enjoy Florida!  Restaurants, schools and bars open.   Masks are optional.   Less COVID.

This is getting way off topic now...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DHS@ABE said:

Take it to another forum, k, thx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1