Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16/17 Winter Event

MN Transplant

1 hour ago, ravensrule said:

That was way before my entrance to any weather boards. @stormtracker or @Ji should know all that history well.

There was TWC or Accu weather then Wright then Eastern then Anerican

somewhere around 2004 about 6 of us met at Inner Harbour in Baltimore and discussed creating a weather board with conferences and it came true

i don’t have all of this right but mostly so 

Randy, Marcus,me,I think Matt and maybe Ian and 1-2 more were there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Euro like juicy 

It's evolution isn't bad, it just decides to take the LPC of course too far N/W. The 12k did shift it about 50 or so miles SE from the 12z run which was a few SE of the 6z so there is progress there. The best takeaway is the dynamics/rates that it shows if we do get in good bands. This would be money for our neck. 

18z NAM is a disaster for the central and eastern sections. Decent front end thump then quickly over to sleet then heavy rain in all but favored locations...81/15/68/north of 70. Plain rain all the way past IAD this run. Wraparound snow changeover with CAA as the low goes east. CAD wedge is thin and marginal, quick retreat with WAA. Those near the M/D line into southern PA to I-81 will love this run. 12-18+ for those areas. 

• Like 1

Just now, ers-wxman1 said:

18z NAM is a disaster. Decent front end thump then quickly over to sleet then heavy rain in all but favored locations...81/15/68/north of 70. Plain rain all the way past IAD this run. Wraparound snow changeover with CAA as the low goes east. CAD wedge is thin and marginal, quick retreat with WAA. Those near the M/D line into southern PA to I-81 will love this run. 12-18+ for those areas. 

Thanks for the rundown. We all fully expect that the NAM will verify at this range. Time to grab some rope...

• Haha 8

Just now, ers-wxman1 said:

Ok I’ve had just about enough posting in this place. No wonder you can’t retain any real meteorologists here.

What is the debate at hand? You're making statements about the 18z NAM in specific. Yes you received a snarky response, but you and I both know its on the edges of the model envelope and we're not going to take it verbatim. If it verifies it would be a big score relative to where the other Op's have things at the moment. 

• Like 2

The only times I have found the nam useful at range is to confirm trends 1-2 runs after the Global’s spin them. Nam 48+ is not a great mode and pinning down main features like the Globals are. Now I have seen the nam not follow a trend for 2-3 runs in a row after globals suggested it. And nam has turned out to be right here and there last I remember was 2017 but can’t recall the event. 

Anyhow, nam has played its part perfectly. It’s confirming globals. Just as always, is one to two sets behind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ers-wxman1 said:

Ok I’ve had just about enough posting in this place. No wonder you can’t retain any real meteorologists here.

not sure this is the appropriate response to that, but okay. we all appreciate your thoughts and insight. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic