Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 16/17 Winter Event

MN Transplant

2 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

You will be about 20 miles to my North up 15. I suggest getting a decent amount of food, not a lot up there and getting down into Frederick might be tough. 

What are you thinking for us here in Frederick (I am just north of the 15/26 split)?

If @MillvilleWx could come in here and sweet talk me to let me know things will be ok in a 300 word essay I'd feel better.  Be specific for the DCA area as in for the airport because thats close enough to where I live.  

If I don't see a summary then I know I'm out of the game like the Jets are out of the running for the Super Bowl

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Ok city folks.  Our goal is 2 to 4.  Just shift your expectations and things will be a lot better going forward.  Accept your climo and reality.   We are going to see snow in the air and we're tracking something in December.   Lemonade lemons etc etc. 

That’s what I’ve been thinking since yesterday. 2-4 with a lot of sleet, maybe 4.5-5 in Tenleytown/Van ness

13 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Almost went there, but I'm an admin.  Have to set the fucking standard around here for good language and good behavior.

Well, instead of an underline for the "u", you could go for the German umlaut:  "Have to set the fücking standard..."  Has a nice ring to it when you pronounce the umlaut-u!!

Wanted to point something out when watching the details on the op runs. It’s not just the track of the surface low but also how much of an inverted trough feature there is. 12z euro track was slightly west but it was colder because there was less inverted trough and primary remnants. That trough prolongs and enhances the easterly fetch. We want the coastal to close off a circulation at low and mid levels as quick as possible.  A stronger inverted trough delays that some and kills us with an inside ideal track. 

• Like 6

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic