• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16/17 Winter Event

MN Transplant

When does the GFS come out?  those of us in AACounty usually miss on to the snows to the north and west and then we miss out on the southern sliders to our south. . . it  has been a rough couple of years. . . so, that is why I am desperate to get some good news from the GFS after a disappointing NAM run  

Just now, AACOUNTYMD said:

When does the GFS come out?  those of us in AACounty usually miss out to the snows to the north and west and then we miss out on the southern sliders to our south. . . it  has been a rough couple of years. . . so, that is why I am desperate to get some good news from the GFS after a disappointing NAM run  

Usually starts running at about 1020pm or so 

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

The NAM either needs to be retired or is dire need of an upgrade. When was the last major upgrade aside from adding the 3k resolution? At range the 12k is horrid.

Chill out.     The NAM was frozen with its 2017 upgrade (the 3 km component has been running for way, way longer) and is slated for retirement in the 2023-2024 time frame.    It's also well known that the 3 km nest is a far superior model to its 12 km parent, although it too certainly has limitations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier (I couldn't find a reference), but earlier this evening, Capital Weather Gang did a Facebook Live presentation featuring Jason Samenow, Jeff Halverson, and AmWx's own Wes Junker (usedtobe)... check it out!  I wasn't sure if I could/should post a link to it, but if you do a search on FB for CWG, you should be able to find and view it.

• Like 1

Alright ladies and gents. About T minus 0. The most important run of our weenie lives. I’ve heard all the big boys and girls talk about 0z Monday being thee run to be ready for, as sampling etc would be available to our main player. Here’s to getting destroyed on the upcoming model runs!

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, high risk said:

Chill out.     The NAM was frozen with its 2017 upgrade (the 3 km component has been running for way, way longer) and is slated for retirement in the 2023-2024 time frame.    It's also well known that the 3 km nest is a far superior model to its 12 km parent, although it too certainly has limitations.

Yes, the 3k is usually decent. I like to use it close-in.

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic