Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

Just now, IowaStorm05 said:

Could I kindly request you explain what that translates to for us? ;) The location in relation to the low?

It means that the layer of air that could melt the snow is about 5,000-10,000 feet up in the air. So while lower surface temps don't hurt, they won't save anyone from a melting layer in those "mid levels."

• Thanks 1

Just now, Whineminster said:

I could see snow day for elementary school kids....but high school? The only playing in snow that high school kids do is smoking dope and blowing donuts in empty parking lots. Maybe farting around on their old Indy if they're lucky enough to have one. 

Well, I know plenty of high school kids who have sacrificed a lot of "normalcy" during the pandemic and a random act of kindness by their Superintendent is appreciated............but, thanks for your snark.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

It’s a compulsion for us. Can’t have a winter storm watch that doesn’t go to a warning.

Funny thing is that 3 or 4 days ago I would've been very happy with 2-4 inches. But once those bigger totals are shown and you see that warning color on the map there's no going back - feels like a screw job.

• Like 1

I could see snow day for elementary school kids....but high school? The only playing in snow that high school kids do is smoking dope and blowing donuts in empty parking lots. Maybe farting around on their old Indy if they're lucky enough to have one. 

1. Not true of everyone

2. You can’t give half the district a day off and make the other go to classes/work

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

High school seniors looooove snow days

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Can’t quite call us “hill terrain”, but it ain’t the CT River Valley.

I saw those possibilities of mixing that edge right up to the border of the county. But oh, we are sitting at 2 degrees below our expected high and current temp forecast

I stand by my 5 inch worst case scenario, as a result of sleet.

but I’m hoping for 10”

The valley isn't always a death sentence.....if the death band rolls over the valley the valley will do well.....we got 30" in Feb 2013

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I mean I was definitely out playing in the snow in high school still....maybe I was smoking dope while doing so, but who’s asking? My mom used to try and hide me keys when I got my first car because she knew she couldn’t stop me from driving to Ski Bradford to go snowboard on snow days. 

Radar presentstion is looking juicy, I wonder if the NWS puts up there new radar page today for the storm or holds off. 

• Like 1