• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

It looks like the GFS is tapping some of the convection moisture into the conveyor belts better....it is notable in E MA/RI this run. Some of the guidance (including the GFS) is developing a bit of a lower-midlevel firehose from the east tomorrow morning....like 300 mile fetch at 40-50 knots)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It looks like the GFS is tapping some of the convection moisture into the conveyor belts better....it is notable in E MA/RI this run. Some of the guidance (including the GFS) is developing a bit of a lower-midlevel firehose from the east tomorrow morning....like 300 mile fetch at 40-50 knots)

If real, I’d imagine this Could enhance totals some..?

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Orientation of 500mb low being E-W along with the convection outrunning main ULL should do the trick.

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

If real, I’d imagine this Could enhance totals some..?

Yeah I don't think it would do a ton back as far west asbyou are, but it could add enhancement in the form of extra frictional convergence in eastern areas tomorrow AM....just something to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I completely agree with you. The hype for snowstorms is off the charts. People would lose their minds if a storm similar to the Blizzard of 78 or Superstorm 93 was about to hit the area. In general people are "softer" now days. 

This sounds like nearly a direct quote from my father around 1960

• Like 1