Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Seeing a pretty hefty coastal front sig near mi casa in BOS on some of those models. Which of course sounds great to me. 

I think near BOS or Just W to NW may jack with the CF hanging there for a bit.

Edit, I mean locally. Second jack out west or into SNH maybe.

12 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

With the wife and I at home both suffering from COVID I’m really looking forward to watching this dump without having to be anywhere 

Feel better! Found out yesterday three of my neighbors are recovering from it. One was in the ICU for a week, one had mild pneumonia and one basically had a bad cold. Weird disease.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Box going 12 to 18 with amounts up to 20.. guess we wait to see the models today and how things play out but they seem to be going big

Yea I'm excited to see how it pans out. There is some serious micro stuff in this area. As radarman mentioned earlier in this thread, and told me when I moved here, the difference between living off rt. 21 and 202 in Granby can be 8" vs 1" of slush. Same for 202 north of town vs. south. Even when it R/S is not a concern, center of town can get baking powder and 3-4" for the duration of a storm and Swift River area is 8-10". It's fun for sure.

I think BOX is "going big" because of ratios. This should be more of a 12-14:1 storm. Closer to some of those Kuchie maps than the standard 10:1.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Yea I'm excited to see how it pans out. There is some serious micro stuff in this area. As radarman mentioned earlier in this thread, and told me when I moved here, the difference between living off rt. 21 and 202 in Granby can be 8" vs 1" of slush. Same for 202 north of town vs. south. Even when it R/S is not a concern, center of town can get baking powder and 3-4" for the duration of a storm and Swift River area is 8-10". It's fun for sure.

I think BOX is "going big" because of ratios. This should be more of a 12-14:1 storm. Closer to some of those Kuchie maps than the standard 10:1.

Hoping we somehow get into a good band.. curious to see if the 12z models get rid of the snow hole.. I think it has some to do with being between two good bands.