Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, mattb65 said:

Been tracking this storm from afar and wishing I would be in my old stomping grounds in JP or Somerville. Both look like they are in for big totals. One thing that I've seen looking at some of the mesoscale guidance is the push of the coastal front which looks to me to advance as far out as Newton/128 and extend NW/SE. On the cold side of the CF it's really cold, low toid 20s and on the "warm" side it's 32-34 degrees until you get down to three Cape. The profile above the surface is plenty cold for the ptype to remain snow for most in MA until you get to the cape and there may be a push of sleet into some areas of CT/RI.

This seems like a narrow area of 32-33 degree heavy mashed potatoes with potential for power outages/ tree damage possibly into the Boston metro and extending to parts of the south shore and north shore, thoughts?

(I've got no horse in the race, it rarely gets below 60 degrees where I live, but I love tracking a good winter storm)

CF seems pinned well SE at least on the Euro 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Out of ICU so thats a start Wolfie. Should be a banga. Anytime on the graphics and oh, side bar on a Christmas day snow.......

That’s really great to hear...I’m very happy to hear that you’re out of the ICU..Definitely a step in the right direction. Rest up and heal. 

And wouldn’t that be a hoot on Christmas...very interesting. 

28 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

CF seems pinned well SE at least on the Euro 

I guess this will depend on the track and other factors as well.

On the most recent 3k NAM, here's a depiction of the coastal front at its most inland advance before it starts to crash back south and east. Pretty decent amount of areas puking snow at 33 degrees for at least a few hours. Here's the sounding for Boston at the same time.

nam3km_T2m_neus_fh35_trend.thumb.gif.93015d08bc0ac6db45b08d50f589f5b6.gif

nam3km_2020121600_fh35_sounding_42.33N_71_20W.thumb.png.6fd1b9a84e25b9bdcfed1fee7b0ec301.png

30 minutes ago, mattb65 said:

I guess this will depend on the track and other factors as well.

On the most recent 3k NAM, here's a depiction of the coastal front at its most inland advance before it starts to crash back south and east. Pretty decent amount of areas puking snow at 33 degrees for at least a few hours. Here's the sounding for Boston at the same time.

nam3km_T2m_neus_fh35_trend.thumb.gif.93015d08bc0ac6db45b08d50f589f5b6.gif

nam3km_2020121600_fh35_sounding_42.33N_71_20W.thumb.png.6fd1b9a84e25b9bdcfed1fee7b0ec301.png

I feel like the NAM has a tendency to bring that coastal front at the surface in a little farther than reality in these types of setups. Move that line about 35 miles SE...

2 hours ago, Greg said:

Yes, correct. I wouldn't say huge but relatively significant for those along the southern and northern edges.

I totally agree have no idea why I am under a Winter Storm Warning here at Webster Lake, NH.  We got nothing last WSW and I don’t expect anything but maybe a C -2 inches up here.  Forecast is 6-9 Inches is not going to happen.  Guess it is which model you believe.  I Don’t believe any of the NW models I really don’t see much getting up here except snow dust.  Good luck down south you guys are in the Jackpot!! Your storm you deserve it enjoy!

• Weenie 2