• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

couldn't possibly care less about central mass holes on guidance.  Boxing day had us at 18" or something and we got a slantsticked 3".  The fact the surface LP is relatively weak here works to our advantage IMO.  We don't need giant banded nukes pushing the 970s, winds shredding the dendrites to pieces.   At any rate, it's ski season.  Berkshire East was on the verge of nil 36hrs ago, now looking like an opening day powder fest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

The euro is still solid here. Glad it's in my camp and not the NAM and CMC

Unfortunately I would take Euro 10:1 output with a grain of salt down here near the canal and on the Cape. While cold aloft, surface temps look to be running north of 35. Will be hard for meaningful accumulation to happen at those temps, probably closer to 5:1.

• Like 1

Just now, wxsniss said:

The issue we were talking about yesterday... that next-in-line shortwave digging more is interfering and de-amplifying our trough

You can see it's less an issue on the 12z NAM

What happens is it pushes the best WAA in the mid-levels in the WCB from CT almost due E over SE MA and out to sea while the ML magic banding goes from like N/central PA to Catskills into NW MA/S VT/SW NH....and MA is kind of left in the middle and E MA still gets decent low-level forcing precip while central MA to the CT valley gets kind of shafted....this is where scott (coastalwx) was saying we need to watch the convective blob....if that is escaping eastward less as we get closer, then we're going to see a much stronger WCB into MA.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CCHurricane said:

Unfortunately I would take Euro 10:1 output with a grain of salt down here near the canal and on the Cape. While cold aloft, surface temps look to be running north of 35. Will be hard for meaningful accumulation to happen at those temps, probably closer to 5:1.

That's fair, and likely correct.  I'd be happy with 4-6" at this point