Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Nice call. The southern stream shortwaves always like to come in amped and NW. I guess my biggest concern was always that this thing would get shredded and weaken some as it moved east to prevent the big totals in SNE. 

Another example of hundreds of thousands where the FV3 led to more confusion than help 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

People really losing their shit over 1 NAM run?    C'mon folks, you are better than this

No...I was starting to grow a bit wary even yesterday that things were starting to tick north on some of the models. Euro included. Very subtle ticks but still enough lead time to be concerning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Nice call. The southern stream shortwaves always like to come in amped and NW. I guess my biggest concern was always that this thing would get shredded and weaken some as it moved east to prevent the big totals in SNE. 

I just don't want it to be a banded mess which was my worry. I shared that too, especially as one forecasting. Still a question of whether or not we don't chase the blob well to the east. There will be convection, but can we avoid a massive MCS well east and wrap some WCB into this whole thing? Some models shows this.

9 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

He's probably excited because we haven't had a real snow storm or snow pack down here in over a year and a half...

He bought a 2 stage snowblower last year and has been so anxious to use it.  You are SE of the coastal front so you don't get the easy to remove powder snow that falls to your NW

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I just don't want it to be a banded mess which was my worry. I shared that too, especially as one forecasting. Still a question of whether or not we don't chase the blob well to the east. There will be convection, but can we avoid a massive MCS well east and wrap some WCB into this whole thing? Some models shows this.

I feel like the synoptics on the GFS were pretty similar but the evolution of the WCB and associated QPF was way different. Probably wrong. But I do think shearing out the shortwave and letting convection go wild can do some weird things.

The NAM, on the other hand, just does the classic huge jump NW with the southern stream.