Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ukie finally more north 

The PNA being neutral with an - in process - negatively escaping NAO ( ends up +1 and change by D7!) ...is pretty damn indicative of a longitudinally 'stretched' field and the GFS ..too much?

Here's the problem with determinism in summary ( from me ;) ):

... the GFS has a W-E bias as a base-line model problem ...and in a pattern that is in fact, biased in that regard ... that, for lack of better word might be "enabling" the GFS - and it's thus too much.  I suspect it is over doing the west east latitude bottling of this system; which it could still be right if the next 18 or so hours relay paltry momentum off the Pac...

2 ... the sensitivity for this particular system appears to be mainly in situ to the S/W mechanics, itself...  Assuming that we are not ( and it seems likely we won't at this time ) be getting much positive/constructive larger scaled pattern feed back, due to the flat PNAP structure of the flow...that leaves the S/W itself.  If it comes in stronger...it will roll-out S/W ridging in nuanced quantities...but that would transitively mean a N totality of events in that case.  The confluence and attending high are presently holding proxy on the depiction from the GFS but ...meaningless if the GFS native W-E bias happens to not see the real strength of the wave mechanics because of ... improficient assimilation - I've been saying all along, this entire scenario is unusually susceptible to subtle and nuanced variance...  3 to 5 kts in the wind core could mean a lot ..  

The other aspect, on #2 abv...  I am noticing that the 500 mb wind max is actually coming of in a lag feed - it's not coming into the west like a slug... Such that we started pulling the wind momentum into the grids on the 18z ( where available...) but you look closely...the full/total momentum of the wave isn't fully absorbed until 12z tomorrow...  As this relays in that time, cycles "might" alter. ...

Anyway, I think

• Thanks 1

I’ve put my radar in full weenie mode.    Planning for now to drive to Chicago leaving 12/23 arriving probably 12/24 unless we can wake up early enough on the 23rd which is doubtful.   Leave Chicago the 29th to return home.  Will hope for a Cleveland bomb while we’re there.

• Like 1