Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

25 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I went to Logan last Friday around lunch time. Airport is dead. Absolutely dead. 

I ran around Pleasant Bay the other day when they were landing on one of the 4s. Usually there's an aircraft landing above you every 90 seconds or so on that vector (if the ceilings are at the right level, they appear out of the ether). In the mile and a half around the bay, which took me about 12 minutes, I saw one DL 757. That's it.

25 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I went to Logan last Friday around lunch time. Airport is dead. Absolutely dead. 

I ran around Pleasant Bay the other day when they were landing on one of the 4s. Usually there's an aircraft landing above you every 90 seconds or so on that vector (if the ceilings are at the right level, they appear out of the ether). In the mile and a half around the bay, which took me about 12 minutes, I saw one DL 757. That's it.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Was that modeled to whiff you at like 48 hours out?

Everything but the nam had NYC and the northern burbs with 2'. DT trolled the NYC weenies hard because the euro didn't have much north of philly/cnj so he was guns blazing adamant about it not being a biggie for NYC. Humble pie...served. 

In  a completely unrelated matter--I thought this headline from the Globe would be very helpful for people who struggle with the words weary, wary and leery.  I know people are often corrected on their post. 

"Weary of crisis, some wary of vaccine, Mass. residents still optimistic, new Suffolk/Globe poll finds"

• Haha 2

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Everything but the nam had NYC and the northern burbs with 2'. DT trolled the NYC weenies hard because the euro didn't have much north of philly/cnj so he was guns blazing adamant about it not being a biggie for NYC. Humble pie...served. 

I remember the euro barfing in that event. Way too suppressed until like 24h out. Rare loss for it inside of 72h up north. GFS wasn’t exactly great either. It was a win for mesos though in that 48h time range. Can’t remember but maybe Ukie was pretty zonked too?

But all the models basically whiffed NYC (or have them nuisance snows) when we were at the time range we are now for the current threat. 

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He also trolled us in Dec 2010 when the Euro lost the Boxing Day storm.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I remember the euro barfing in that event. Way too suppressed until like 24h out. Rare loss for it inside of 72h up north. GFS wasn’t exactly great either. It was a win for mesos though in that 48h time range. Can’t remember but maybe Ukie was pretty zonked too?

But all the models basically whiffed NYC (or have them nuisance snows) when we were at the time range we are now for the current threat. 

Yea. I tracked that one until go time lol. I remember it well. Plus my brother lives in WNJ so I was tracking it for him. It was a bad job by the globals although I recall the mid levels always looking better then what the qpf/clown maps were showing. Not sure about the UK tbh. Meso's did well even though nam was too extreme to the north. There were several runs inside 48hr where it put up 30" past me towards Litchfield county.