Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Pretty sharp cutoff... sinks another 75-100 south and it’s an inch or two of arctic sand 

It's a solid run for both of us... 12"+. The preponderance of the guidance basically agrees and several runs have actually improved compared to 0z. Only real exception is the GFS. 

Yes we have a strong 50/50 and 1030 mb high, but unless we get early February 2010 confluence, I think being fringed like the GFS shows is unlikely.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

How the hell is TAN losing it's wiggle room on that run?  lol.  You're like smack in the middle of the EURO snow prog.

Yea no kidding. This is pretty much exactly what he should want at this stage for being on the Cape in mid December.

One, rare time I wouldn’t be worrying about p type issues either.

As I alluded to earlier. If you take a look at the sounding for let's say Lowell, MA based strictly on the Euro, 0.7" of liquid verbatim would translate to about 11". Not a forecast by any means but just giving people a heads up. Not everybody will have these types of ratios either. The more you get to the far South Coast, Cape and Islands the more normal 10-1 ratios you will find. Obviously, more quantity but less fluff if you will. All this of course pending the exact final track of this potential storm.

1 minute ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Meh. Too far E to get good snows most storms. Too far N for these S of the Pike deals. Thinking moderate 3-6/4-8 deal here. Door quickly closing on anything more substantial for those in NSNE. 

You are like 5 miles away from getting a death band that run. Lol. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yes it did. Just wasn’t enough for us. 4 days out it was giving NYC cirrus clouds. 

U beat me to it. It was a solid jump north on the ec/uk the night of, near whiffing CT and s ri and mass then a huge jog N pushed us into 12+ amounts. Warnings hoisted last minute while it was already snowing in NYC. Just as will said didn't make it far enough N to your area last minute, still think u got like 6 tho no?

Capture.PNG

StormTotalSnowWeb.png