• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

28 minutes ago, North and West said:

All time great game

There was the US vs Costa Rica game in the snowstorm in March 2013 I think; CR thought it was a blizzard, the locals  were like no this is just CO in the spring; they had to shovel the field at halftime. CR later tried to have the result ( they lost ) overturned ( they lost ). Soccer in the snow is a whole nother kettle of fish from football in the snow....

• Haha 1

Surface temps are not going to be the issue. The temps aloft are... and they not working in our favor. The models have shown this, and looking to our south, they are sniffing this thing out. I say, you need to be West of EWR to enjoy all snow here.

Just now, jdpack said:

Surface temps are not going to be the issue. The temps aloft are... and they not working in our favor. The models have shown this, and looking to our south, they are sniffing this thing out. I say, you need to be West of EWR to enjoy all snow here.

The snow will come down 3 inches per hour 23z to 04z. It won't matter if we change over. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

11 minutes ago, liwxfan said:

Fellow north shore Suffolk peeps out there..how you feeling? This should be pretty interesting for us..excited to see how it unfolds here in Miller place

I'm from LI and yet it just occurred to me - 'Miller' place?  I wonder if being named after snowstorm types angers or pleases the snow gods.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, coastalplainsnowman said:

I'm from LI and yet it just occurred to me - 'Miller' place?  I wonder if being named after snowstorm models angers or pleases the snow gods.

It has definitely pleased them more often then not the last 15 years that’s for sure! Hoping to keep them appeased this time around.