• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

40 minutes ago, JoshSnow said:

I understand that but I don’t think the 700 low tracks west of us I think the low gets pulled underneath us. Maybe we get a brief fight between snow and sleet for an hour but this in my opinion is an all snow event for Central Park! And heavy snow the whole time no dry slot

giphy_-_2020-12-15T183103_603.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 16
  • Weenie 7

11 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

I am really rooting for all of us get at least 10 inches and I will feel for anyone here near the coast who might get disappointed. Winter is just starting, remember no matter what the final outcome.  Long way to go for several more snowstorms hopefully. 

I won’t be disappointed, I’m used to it, almost count on it every snow......

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Remember, it could always be worse. You could live in DC.

Lived there from 2010 to 2013.  I can recall seeing snow three times the entire time and the highest total was 2 inches. Watching January 2011’s extravaganza from down there was sheer torture.

We really have been spoiled up here the past decade.  I’ll gladly take 6-10” here in the city. I’d welcome the icy glacier that’ll preserve the pack too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I tried finding a specific storm which was similar to this.  None since 1980 came up.  Its not a true SWFE where we flip to sleet or rain.  It has similarities to 2/13/14 for sure but also other storms.  12/14/03 is still the top analog on CIPS but this setup at 500 is way different 

There aren’t many examples of Miller B cold winter storms tracking over Southern NJ in December. The only one that comes to mind during another winter month Valentine’s Day in 2007. But that had features that were different from this one. We usually see Miller B primaries weaken to our west before a new center pops SE of ACY.

Just now, jm1220 said:

Again, wondering how real that back-end snow is. We would need a pretty vigorous upper air low pivoting east to really keep that snow area intact. I'm still thinking much more will come from the initial thump and hoping the dryslot/mix can be minimized near the city. 

Def encouraging trends let’s keep it going with 00z

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Again, wondering how real that back-end snow is. We would need a pretty vigorous upper air low pivoting east to really keep that snow area intact. I'm still thinking much more will come from the initial thump and hoping the dryslot/mix can be minimized near the city. 

Hopefully  it comes in early and like a wall