• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

8 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Honestly can’t believe this is actually going to end up cutting west....thought this was a cut and dry case of a well offshore low track given the setup and confluence. I was wrong. Such is the way of the world....

You’re being too hard on yourself. You were talking about a 50 mile shift over several days of tracking. Unfortunately for Long Island 50 miles makes all the difference especially with warm water

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jfklganyc said:

You’re being too hard on yourself. You were talking about a 50 mile shift over several days of tracking. Unfortunately for Long Island 50 miles makes all the difference especially with warm water

Good thing this forum is more than long island. Now back to our storm....the other nonsense can continue in banter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Snowlover11 said:

Well this has been a dagger to MOST of us.  obviously our north and west guys will do extremely well but once again we all got sucked in by the models(me included).

Exactly, snowstorms are extremely challenging to forecast in the details from several days out.  Board members follow the models, the analysis for the excitement but some will be disappointed in the end.

11 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

Well this has been a dagger to MOST of us.  obviously our north and west guys will do extremely well but once again we all got sucked in by the models(me included).

So many components had to come together perfectly. And one fly in the ointment can screw everything up. In this case we have several flies

I do understand, most of all in this absolute suckfest of a year, why people become invested in a storm like this. (yes, I am still calling it a storm!)

A lot of loss, a lot of heartache, and a nice December snowfall is just a little touch of magic.

Hope this works out for everyone, and rather than this being another disappointment in a year of disappointment that everyone wishing for snow ends up very pleasantly surprised.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nycwinter said:

i spent many nights staying up late to see what the euro said. i should not have gotten suckered into a storm unless it was absolute certain it would be a big snowstorm for the city

A little over a day ago, it seemed like NYC was in the sweet spot.  Every model while not the jackpot totals in most runs, depicted a scenario of 12+ for most runs. Still think it could have some small surprises.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jfklganyc said:

Agree it hasn’t shifted dramatically the main shift has been upper level low which is shifting the best banding further north and introducing sleet. Central Park and points nw I still think stays all frozen.