• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Snow and ice storm, December 5-6, 2003 - Storm Summary (raymondcmartinjr.com)

Not to drag this off topic anymore but much of the state of PA had 8-12". Not saying that's an analog or any of these storms, but it's definitely possible to have heavy snow in Central PA, southern NYS and here. 

8-12"? The NAM is showing ~30". Are we speaking the same language. No storm except like March 1958 had a big show in central PA that also gave this area in the teens in inches. Feb 1958 same deal. But they are few and very far between

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Keeps trending NW with the best totals but  RGEM can be over amped at this range 

I'd have to agree with that. Very similar to 0Z Nam where there is an axis of heaviest snow right to the north of the H700 low. It's going to be key to get that south a bit in future runs. I like where we are though right now as confluence will likely keep flexing.

2 minutes ago, Barman49 said:

I wonder if the NAM & RGEM are doing a last minute jump and tomorrow they bounce back.  They really are NW and you'd think they would be more SE with the HP.  We'll see tomorrow if it's an over correction or not.  At least we got snow.

They aren't really all that NW. GFS is a somewhat suppressed outlier.

34 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Snow and ice storm, December 5-6, 2003 - Storm Summary (raymondcmartinjr.com)

Not to drag this off topic anymore but much of the state of PA had 8-12". Not saying that's an analog or any of these storms, but it's definitely possible to have heavy snow in Central PA, southern NYS and here. 

I will give you Feb 1961. I would think it's a fairly good analog. Probably the best one out there with this weak a surface low