• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

13 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Make sure you bring a yard stick and a camera.

Central Park needs 11.3 inches of snow this December to get the 30 year average to 30 inches. Don't let them under measure it as is often the case.

Good idea. 

I always have my camera, but will buy a yardstick tomorrow. I tend to walk up near where the NOAA station is near Belvedere castle so I'll take some measurements near there and down near the Sheep Meadow

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

I would put far less weight on rgem and icon than GFS and EURO. Rgem more weight tomorrow. Name too.

The RGEM is ALWAYS overamped in the 40 plus hour range...or nearly always.  The NAM has no real persistent bias.  I just look for consistency from run to run to see if its onto something.  So far it has not been extremely consistent though it has not pulled the sometimes NAM windshield wiper effect at least.  I've used a ECMWF/CMC/GFS blend so far and gone 9-11 at LGA and 8-10 at JFK with a chance of sleet 04-09Z.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

I'm worried about getting dry slotted and mixing heavily in CNJ as should I-95. I hope the MESOS are overamping this. Sometimes they under do the confluence so we'll see who wins out. Globals look way different at this point. Let's see if they hold serve with the 18z runs. 

It seems whenever mixing is considered, mixing is always underplayed.  Just observational, no numbers to back it up.

• Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, NJsnow89 said:

Gfs trending back north. Ugh

11 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

GFS coming in NW. Getting real worried for the I95 crew now. This might end up being a North and West storm. 

Its a good run but the GFS will trend north. The question is how far north.