• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

7 minutes ago, BlizzLuv said:

I just saw that too and was surprised they would do so this early in the game,

I agree. There is no doubt the models have been looking good and it is fine to make predictions on sites like this but a little early when talking to hundreds of thousands or millions of people. After all a 50 mile move north or south with the storm can make a huge difference and were still some 4 or 5 days out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

I think the handling of the low by the GFS is a little fugazy. It basically goes straight north from hours 96 to 102 and then takes a right turn when it feels the blocking and goes due east. I just don't think that will happen. I think it will be more ene. 

We thought the same would happen with some of those 09/10 storms but you can't deny the confluence. 

Granted the poor PNA would argue for a slight northerly component.

3 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

I think the handling of the low by the GFS is a little fugazy. It basically goes straight north from hours 96 to 102 and then takes a right turn when it feels the blocking and goes due east. I just don't think that will happen. I think it will be more ene. 

The blocking is legit. Wherever the SLP occludes it's going to start heading east. That's why we're seeing such disparities to the north and along the coast run to run depending on the stall. 

7 minutes ago, Nibor said:

The blocking is legit. Wherever the SLP occludes it's going to start heading east. That's why we're seeing such disparities to the north and along the coast run to run depending on the stall. 

We will see. I don't deny the blocking. I have always been concerned about it being north of 84. I just don't think it will be due north and then due east with out some northerly component.