Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wet snow Monday Dec 14, 2020?

wdrag

1 hour ago, SnowGoose69 said:

ECMWF west again.  Beginning to think a period of accumulating snow, even at the coast is possible after 19Z or so.  I'm talking maybe an inch but no doubt the 5 boroughs could see the ground get covered which I highly doubted 12-18 hours ago

Agree I think it's more possible with recent trends. Still be surprised if anyone without elevation sees more than 1-2 inches tomorrow but whitening the ground in preparation for Wednesday would be nice.  

31 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Agree I think it's more possible with recent trends. Still be surprised if anyone without elevation sees more than 1-2 inches tomorrow but whitening the ground in preparation for Wednesday would be nice.  

Yeah, this won't be a big one by any means but having the ground be white from this would be a win. And hopefully it can help out for Wednesday by assisting to make confluence. 

One event at a time: Today... as per the attached graphics. 1-4" of wet snow ne PA/nw NJ into all of CT. Heaviest probably hills of nw NJ and into ne PA south of I84.  It may begin as rain and may end as sprinkles.  Intermediate late morning-early afternoon brief periods of 1/2mile moderate snow with accumulation of 1/2"/hr for a couple of hours.  Pavements wet except hilly areas above ~ 700 feet.  

Even NYC could Trace or measure 0.1" this afternoon after 1PM.  

EC came up quite a bit the past two cycles, the HRRRX went down quite and the SPC HREF stayed steady. 

Attached the 00z/14 SPC HREF (8 member ensemble) and the 06z 3k NAM 10 to 1 ratio =which may be a bit high on the se edge but it states where I think the potential is best. 

mPING will be helpful.

35/31 here in Wantage at 505A

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 3.48.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 4.36.35 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

35/30 here; maybe the heavier rates coming up from PA will help bring the temp down. It’ll be close in my area. 

You'll get there...first a mix of sleet and rain then wet snow and sleet.  Not sure if you can accumulate more than an inch or 2 by 2P.