Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wet snow Monday Dec 14, 2020?

wdrag

12 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

3k NAM is pretty close to a decent hit. Toasty, yes but still. 

Real close.  NAM for LGA shows about 37/30 37/29 when precip arrives.  I still think its just a hair too warm.  Would need to see those DPs be more in the lower 20s.  There is no question the arrival time of the event mid to late morning which allows for clear skies the night before and prevention of any heating during the ensuing day helps

9 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Not much to stop the Mon event from keeping trending north. We’ll see what happens I guess. 

Cold air and confluence is pressing here, storm will scoot south of us...storm can trend stronger, but with orientation of trough and pressing cold, can’t get too much more north (a la NAM that squashes it)

6 minutes ago, Zelocita Weather said:

Cold air and confluence is pressing here, storm will scoot south of us...storm can trend stronger, but with orientation of trough and pressing cold, can’t get too much more north (a la NAM that squashes it)

If we’re talking Monday that confluence isn’t in place yet and I don’t see much to stop it from being more of an inland event. Temps are also marginal so this would be a quick few inch or so hit of snow where it’s cold enough. But yes hopefully it can help suppress the flow enough for Wednesday.