Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 5-6, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

Boy or girl?  None of my 3 inherited unfortunately but my 2 sons spent a lot of growing up time in California.  Enjoy every minute of parenthood!  It’s great at times, tough at other times, but if you pay attention it’s rewarding as heck!

Boy, 7 months old

Thanks for the nice words, Jerry. Yes, it's more exhausting and more magical than I had ever imagined.

I've already had my first instance of getting all ready at 12:50am to geek out over another most important Euro run of our lives, only to be drawn away because he wakes up crying. Maybe he didn't like the solution :) 

October snow was his first!

• Like 2

Just now, PhineasC said:

It's a sizable log estate with a large detached barn, yes. LOL

Good for you Phin.  Sounds incredibly beautiful. 

I sled in Northern Maine...maybe when I retire from teaching, I’d like to move/or at least have a second home in N. Aroostook county Maine.  Frigid and snow is what they do best there...wire to wire winter is for real there. 

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

I sled in Northern Maine...maybe when I retire from teaching, I’d like to move/or at least have a second home in N. Aroostook county Maine.  Frigid and snow is what they do best there...wire to wire winter is for real there. 

I have always lusted after that area. It would be a great choice!

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Thank you.  :-).  

Hope you reach 20” with this...knock it out of the park dammit!!  

It's been piling up faster than I can recall ever seeing. Every time I walk out there it's another inch or two it seems. It's gotta be 13-15 at least now. Also blowing into huge drifts now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It's been piling up faster than I can recall ever seeing. Every time I walk out there it's another inch or two it seems. It's gotta be 13-15 at least now. Also blowing into huge drifts now.

Ahhh man, I hope we can score a big event like what you’re getting tonight this winter? 

I told you a few days ago...just be patient and it’ll happen.  And here you are crushing it!

Enjoy. 

21 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I'll be there for a week starting tomorrow - St. Agatha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

Better than Feb 5, 2010?

I have a poor memory for such things, but it seems to be faster in this event. In fact, I have spent some time this evening envisioning how I reached nearly 3 feet in some of those MD HECS, because this New England snow with the bands rotating "backwards" off the ocean into my backyard has been something else entirely. I think it is a duration difference between those events. 

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I have a poor memory for such things, but it seems to be faster in this event. In fact, I have spent some time this evening envisioning how I reached nearly 3 feet in some of those MD HECS, because this New England snow with the bands rotating "backwards" off the ocean into my backyard has been something else entirely. I think it is a duration difference between those events. 

We can get intense CCB banding down in MD too but it’s less frequent getting a storm to amplify enough that far south.  Plus we can get some pretty good WAA front end thumps too if there is a deep cold layer dammed in.  Obviously it happens way more frequently in New England. 

7 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This storm was an embarrassment. To have 2 inches by 145 pm and wind up with 3 inches total is just against all intelligent thought given where this was heading via modeling and forecasts at that point.  We flipped by 1045 in Nashua..ahead of schedule....forecast for 6 plus and looked to be over performer and we just had a combo of shiat lift after 4pm and garbage temps.

Is it my imagination or is that happening more often lately with storms?