Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 5-6, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, Cold Miser said:

oh.  lol.
I haven't looked at maps, or anything.  Not much on line activity for me lately, not even any tv news about this storm, so I really don't know much about it.

Didn’t miss much. I hadn’t invested anything into it until last night and this morning when I woke to an unexpected WSW. May not even see a flake. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's impressive that ORH at 1,000ft on December 5th, ripped off 1.14" of water in a 6-hour period at H85 temps below 0C and didn't hit 32F... all the obs are 33-34F.

That's an average of 0.20"/hr pretty much at sub-freezing temps a few thousand feet above them and still couldn't hit a true 32F.  I figured they'd be down at like 30F ripping snow with those precip rates.

I wonder if ORH is warm at times. Even Kevin got to 32 and Will said it was 32 at winter hill. 

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

Congrats on the baby!  Old hood was mainly underground but above ground here.  No flickers in the past few minutes thankfully.   The old hood lost power all the time ironically 

Thanks Jerry

I’ll find out soon enough if love of weather is inherited or learned

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Thanks Jerry

I’ll find out soon enough if love of weather is inherited or learned

Boy or girl?  None of my 3 inherited unfortunately but my 2 sons spent a lot of growing up time in California.  Enjoy every minute of parenthood!  It’s great at times, tough at other times, but if you pay attention it’s rewarding as heck!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Thanks... not seeing any reports of this. Unsure whether BOX has the reports, or they're short staffed?  Thank you for this!

Hey Walt .. I had 6” here at 1K in Tolland . Here’s BOX pns . Quite a few 6+ reports.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BOX&product=PNS&issuedby=BOX

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I wonder if ORH is warm at times. Even Kevin got to 32 and Will said it was 32 at winter hill. 

Yeah I was wondering if the airport was running a degree warm or so. Several of the other mesosites around there got to 32 as well. 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hey Walt .. I had 6” here at 1K in Tolland . Here’s BOX pns . Quite a few 6+ reports.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BOX&product=PNS&issuedby=BOX

MUCH MUCH better. Just took a look at snow fall and many of these reports were not LSR'd (I don't think).  Appreciate the update...  lots to chase at these WFO's. Some easier to note what is timely, than at others.  Do not like that statement: Latest.  Always should have date-time. Permits a person to immediately know if something is timely for their use. Done w my  complaint.  Thanks for keeping me up to speed.  Walt

• Like 1