• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 5-6, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Started to transition to white rain at noon....completed transition to snow at around 1pm and has been varying in intensity since. .1/2" as of 330pm, as accumulation was tempered by temp bouncing between 33.8 and 34.0. But as the sun is setting, intensity has become consistently heavy, and temp down to 33.4.

Did a weenie recon to the 350' hill down the street and not much diff...maybe a bit better adherence to  pavement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I lived down Washington street toward Winchester Center  for a couple of years in the early 2000s...

that snow you get there is like showing up at the party after most have left and there's still one or two cold lobster tails left and some chips.. but the gig's over..  Finally, we'd flip... but then it ended.. I don't think that's this time. You'll probably do pretty good there this evening but ...just reading your post reminded me of those exit left-overs -

Cool. We're off Cross Street. Moved here end of 2014.. we did just fine in Feb 2015 :rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Have to see what happens over the next couple hours, but the 18z nam dumps another 1"+ qpf over SE NH after 21z ...well see 

Yeah it really croaks us over the next few hours. I’m a little skeptical but we’ll see. 

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yellows are starting to shrink a bit as the R/S lime becomes more defined (as Chris opined above)

You can still see the ML forcing back into ORH county up into Hillsborough county NH and it’s going to go nuts for metrowest here

image.gif.4f5e581a61623a9db35cfdc168ecaa0d.gif

Interesting ORH’s temp is up to 34F now.  Dews are up to 33F from 29F in the heaviest precip.

Really marginal when this time of year with snow falling as it lightens up the temp/dews come up?