Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 5-6, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

3 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

R/S advance slowed inside 128

BombsAway‘s Google Map trick is pretty accurate:

F8CE3A55-2798-44A9-8426-F124C4D17C62.thumb.png.3d7cb6e2dd883fe2ac1e77380cf56d24.png

It really is pretty accurate. As others have said, I've been doing it for years but when think about driving on the highway, you do slow to a crawl when you hit a wall of rain to snow. 

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There’s a feedback there too in addition to what you said. The harder it snows, the closer to 32F the lowest layer gets from latent cooling...and when the intensity slackens a bit it goes back to like 33-34F. 

Confirmed...  Met friend down in Auburn said the trees are shedding their snow in massive splats during the last hour of more S- like fall rates.  he's 33 stuck like me here... Something like that happened here - ...we seemed to accumulate more proficiently at 35 when we first committed to snow type... hit 2 " in that first 1.5 hours-worth.  Then...it snowed like hell for 2 hours ?     2.5"

like where did it go ?

We are now 3" I am noticing some small icicles formulating at drip sites ...because I am a catastrophic dweeb and look for shit like that.. lol.  but it's glooming and cold and darkening so .. can't see this going up.   May also be some pancaking with that 7:1 ness

4 minutes ago, jay12 said:

Just flipped to snow @ winchester/woburn line.

I lived down Washington street toward Winchester Center  for a couple of years in the early 2000s...

that snow you get there is like showing up at the party after most have left and there's still one or two cold lobster tails left and some chips.. but the gig's over..  Finally, we'd flip... but then it ended.. I don't think that's this time. You'll probably do pretty good there this evening but ...just reading your post reminded me of those exit left-overs -