• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 5-6, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

back in Shrewsbury for this one and def a lot of variance locally due to elevation .. only a coating so far imby at about 420', but at least an inch down at the center of town closer to 700' as of 11. Flipped to snow on the drive back at the rt 9 / 495 intersection at ~10:45. A little frustrating knowing just up the street from mby there's more snow on the roads then I have on the grass here :lol: 

seems like ~600'+ locally is the magic #

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Fighting midlevel temps there but it should go back to snow soon. You can see the CC collapsing back SE in the last couple frames. 

Meanwhile, getting blitzed in ORH 

image.jpeg.a5c0b1b96043cc35615c5ed11fd1dcfd.jpeg

The complexion of this down here even in the valley is starting to look that way, Will -

it's interesting ... elevation doesn't "seem" as important as the dynamics for this ... I mean the top-down cooling part of this seems to completed for our region of NE/N Middlesex Co

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Fire roaring, whiskey in my coffee, sitting by the picture windows looking out at moderate snow falling. This is it, folks!

Congrats...enjoy up there. Maybe you've brought some luck...this wasn't looking like much of anything a week ago. Keep complaining your way to big snows and we'll all benefit. ;)

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Fighting midlevel temps there but it should go back to snow soon. You can see the CC collapsing back SE in the last couple frames. 

Meanwhile, getting blitzed in ORH 

image.jpeg.a5c0b1b96043cc35615c5ed11fd1dcfd.jpeg

What a difference in 10 miles.

Just flipped back to all snow.  Hopefully this time will be the charm and we're there for the duration.

35*

Just now, It's Always Sunny said:

Looks like melting later is pivoting NW and encroaching towards 495/north shore so a change over back to rain/mix could be possible soon for cntrl-nrn Middlesex county.

Yeah I'm thinking our coastal areas up this way could do a rain-snow-rain-snow scenario.

• Like 1