• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2020-2021 Banter

Rtd208

Friday was fun in a way, snowing almost all day, with the precip constantly backfilling, but disappointed yesterday with the 3.5" of sleet and snow.  Trying to enjoy, as this can be the last true winter weather until next season.  Hope I'm wrong.  Maybe just a "January Thaw" coming up?

i would like the mods to 5-post me.

i will take it as a challenge, not a punishment.  it will be incumbent on me not to waste posts making dumb jokes or talking about food.  i'll have to learn how to read hodographs and soundings and actually do something with my life.  right now what i do is, someone posts a sounding with incomprehensible squiggles, and says something dramatic like "this is the most severe TOR signature i've ever seen for Central Jersey," and i lean back from my computer and say "my god" and do this

tenor.gif?itemid=5399511

but i actually have no idea what's happening because i can barely read and write english let alone understand meteorology.

i'm basically a huge dumbass but i love hanging out with you guys so thanks for not banning me yet.

yet

• Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i will take it as a challenge, not a punishment.  it will be incumbent on me not to waste posts making dumb jokes or talking about food.  i'll have to learn how to read hodographs and soundings and actually do something with my life.  right now what i do is, someone posts a sounding with incomprehensible squiggles, and says something dramatic like "this is the most severe TOR signature i've ever seen for Central Jersey," and i lean back from my computer and say "my god" and do this

tenor.gif?itemid=5399511

but i actually have no idea what's happening because i can barely read and write english let alone understand meteorology.

i'm basically a huge dumbass but i love hanging out with you guys so thanks for not banning me yet.

yet

Rjay still thinks soundings are the noises whales make to talk to each other underwater, so dont worry about it too much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, BxEngine said:

Rjay still thinks soundings are the noises whales make to talk to each other underwater, so dont worry about it too much. 

And all this time I thought they were caused by something in the Krill. As always ....

4 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5399511

yet

No your not, Will. Challenged Posteriors never suffer from self recognition. Besides how many of us actually post/reply more than 5 times a day.? I’m still trying to figure out how Damage in Tolland, bless him, could amass over 87,000 posts in the New England forum. The only time a sounding makes sense to me is after a large bowl of chile. As always .....

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

he should be unbanned for the first day of every month to start a monthly thread and then rebanned as soon as he starts it, rinse and repeat lol

Good morning Liberty. I don’t believe S19 is really banned. He waits until late in the cold season and requests a sabbatical to tool up for the next cold season. The moderators acquiesce and it keeps tradition alive. That’s my harmless conspiracy theory for today. As always ...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rclab said:

And all this time I thought they were caused by something in the Krill. As always ....

No your not, Will. Challenged Posteriors never suffer from self recognition. Besides how many of us actually post/reply more than 5 times a day.? I’m still trying to figure out how Damage in Tolland, bless him, could amass over 87,000 posts in the New England forum. The only time a sounding makes sense to me is after a large bowl of chile. As always .....

You should see Coastalwx's post count 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rclab said:

Amazing, Rjay. A red tag, fine professional with over 134,000 posts and still it seems with a current sense of humor.  New England is a prolific forum. As always ......

If rjay posted his thoughts as much as he texts them to me he’d have 100k posts too. Hes just wrong so often he doesnt like everyone to see. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, rclab said:

“The answer my friend is blowin’ in the wind, the  answer is blowin’ in the wind” ...As always ....

Thats the only state that hasn't had snow this season, even Hawaii has had snow (they get it every year in the mountains.)

Florida is the only state not touched by the arctic yet.

• Weenie 1

6 hours ago, bkviking said:

saw this on Twitter. You get the old Weatherchannel forecast scroll and graphics. 
Love it / just need the music ! 
https://battaglia.ddns.net/twc/

It's fun and interesting to me that this style and era of television has had a really unique effect on music this past decade. One of my favorite experimental artists Oneohtrix Point Never released an album last year that had a song cleverly titled "The Whether Channel". The sounds and textures in the song really evoke the time period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bkviking said:

saw this on Twitter. You get the old Weatherchannel forecast scroll and graphics. 

lol we get that at my other house, there is a channel dedicated to 24 hr weather and it has the old graphics and forecasts and the music too.

I wonder how they managed to do that?

On 2/21/2021 at 1:02 PM, bkviking said:

This is awesome.  Although I have to admit I am now so conditioned to the current TWC format that I keep waiting to hear Jim Cantore's voice.

If only there was the earlier version of this with the all purple background and simple white all caps font.  Remembering when we'd have a Winter Storm Warning and the background would be red and the warning would scroll, sometimes playing right over the voices of the mets who were back on air.  This is bringing me back!

• Like 3