• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2020-2021 Banter

Rtd208

Sheesh, I went to bed cautiously optimistic about a nice classic 21st century LI snow - close to but on the safe size of the "rainger zone" (just coined that phrase now)  only to see that things have de-escalated quickly for these parts.

For the bulk of the 21st century LI managed to thread the needle and time and time again pull out these awesome snowstorms  - nothing short of a freaking delightful phenomenon which never got old for those of us who grew up in the snow-starved 80s.  Last few years though, the 80s seem to be rearing their ugly head with these 'rain for the coast' deals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rjay said:

I was in agreement too on a more southerly track.   I didn't think I90 in NY would see a flake. 

+1. Not my best forecast, but at least we can take pride in having laid it out on the table for all to scrutinize. Nothing worse than the folks who strut in at the 11th hour after a week of radio silence and say they always knew it was going to be like this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Snowlover11 said:

tossing the towel on this one. north trend will continue imo.

Same here. I had the towel in hand after last night's runs and have officially tossed it now at least for the big snows. It looks like a 3-6 thump is likely for the immediate metro depending on where you're located, probably closer to 6 for you.

On 12/14/2020 at 12:13 PM, Juliancolton said:

@LibertyBell, today is exactly halfway between the 2017 and 2024 eclipses. Only 1,211 days left until my next serotonin molecule is released!

wow interesting!  You're going to chase the eclipse of course ;-)  I'm looking around for the best place to see it in, thinking of going to Watertown....would you recommend that?

On 12/14/2020 at 1:08 PM, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I would never accept that, unless we in the N&W/N&E sub forum were allowed to then conquer and annex the southern New England Forum into the NYC forum.

We must keep a balance, there's already to many south of I78ers here., and I don't like their climate.

it would be an uncivil war each and every day

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i can't wait for the drama in 36 hours

looking at the bounty of razor-thin forecasts and models, it's entirely possible every single person in the entire forum ends up unhappy

Well, Will,  if if your right than the reports of an atmospheric professional, with a kitchen utensil moniker, running around “NYC” opening windows to enhance the UHI effect, are probably true. As always ....

40 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i could be having a heart attack in the middle of dinner and my grandmother would still be shoveling meatballs on my plate instead of calling 911

If mine,  May she rest,  saw me at my present 140 lbs, i would be force fed while chained to the kitchen table. As always ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2