Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2020-2021 Banter

Rtd208

5 hours ago, forkyfork said:

Nature is healing. :wub:

A full-halo on LASCO, albeit somewhat faint. That Goddard 6z/9 estimated arrival would be perfectly timed to connect with the CIR shock already en route, so maybe we'll get some nice numbers. Hopefully this cycle doesn't pick up where the last one left off with impact invariably happening at like 8 am.

eewH0Lo.png

cymjMVc.png

Not too early to start singing this one:

From 1965, with a blurry video to go with it (on the Brooklyn Heights Promenade), from what can be made out in the background.

The ROYALETTES version of its   "It's Gonna Take A Miracle" .....to make me feel any cold, cause there's no winter I've been told)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=its+gonna+take+a+miracle%2c+1965&view=detail&mid=3BD932887340011ABBBE3BD932887340011ABBBE&FORM=VIRE0&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dits%2bgonna%2btake%2ba%2bmiracle%2C%2b1965%26form%3dQBLH%26sp%3d-1%26pq%3dits%2bgonna%2btake%2ba%2bmiracle%2C%2b1965%26sc%3d0-30%26qs%3dn%26sk%3d%26cvid%3d6957573B61B2405FA29412F1DFA384F4

20 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Nature is healing. :wub:

A full-halo on LASCO, albeit somewhat faint. That Goddard 6z/9 estimated arrival would be perfectly timed to connect with the CIR shock already en route, so maybe we'll get some nice numbers. Hopefully this cycle doesn't pick up where the last one left off with impact invariably happening at like 8 am.

eewH0Lo.png

cymjMVc.png

but nature cant heal Arecibo :-(

5 minutes ago, David-LI said:

I know it's very early to even discuss a storm in my opinion, and we have people in the storm thread already asking for snow totals,  but that euro run  would probably be a lot of sleet for our area

The h5 setup is pretty classic. Ensemble support to op runs. I think it's worthy of discussion this far out.

What else are we gonna do? Ignore it until we're 3 days away? We can't help ourselves.

• Like 2

Just now, Nibor said:

The h5 setup is pretty classic. Ensemble support to op runs. I think it's worthy of discussion this far out.

What else are we gonna do? Ignore it until we're 3 days away? We can't help ourselves.

You're right. Considering it's been a shitty year I'll hang on to hope for anything decent even if it's far out. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, David-LI said:

You're right. Considering it's been a shitty year I'll hang on to hope for anything decent even if it's far out. 

Going by 2020 logic and considering most people hate snow it would make sense for it to snow a ton. For the meme at least.

• Like 1

I was looking for the northern lights tonight but couldn't see them but as luck would have it, I saw a bright meteor streaking below Sirius that was just about as bright as Sirius itself! Also as luck would have it, my camera was sitting on its tripod pointed right at the meteor.....but with a drained battery! =\

I think this was an early Geminid, and the shower is supposed to peak Saturday night (when it's supposed to be cloudy here) but I should have one more night to see the shower tomorrow night (and maybe Sunday night again?)...so I'm recharging the battery now.

Looks like the peak of the Geminids is actually Sunday night- Monday morning, so I'll have a few more chances!