• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ampongabezo
    Newest Member
    ampongabezo

Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Compare H5, that will probably help with what tics if any, we’re seeing 

It was a tic or two east.

00z

image.png.04d1021d2198779882d6b01d4f274edc.png

18z

image.png.dba43bdb3b660cd184c791c5030d5171.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I guess the question is whether that is legit, I mean the tightening shield.  Or will the precip be more expansive 

NAM does that all the time in storms down south in my experience, yet there is always a mega-band that develops in the fringe zone that jackpots them. It loves the super-sharp cutoff.

Given the projected wind and snowfall rates 1 to 3 in./h for a while, would there need to be a blizzard warning for somewhere? Probably somewhere east of me to maybe five or 10 miles from the coast? My forecast has winds gusting to 40 tomorrow and 30 tomorrow night

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

NAM does that all the time in storms down south in my experience, yet there is always a mega-band that develops in the fringe zone that jackpots them. It loves the super-sharp cutoff.

Yes, it has seem like both you and me would get into that heavy band, especially given the track of the surface low. I don’t know enough to look at all the other stuff like the mid-level low tracks and all that sort of thing.

Just now, dendrite said:

It looked like it didn’t quite curl in as much as previous runs.

Yeah, It didn't have that hook west

Just now, dendrite said:

The Euro had the same “exit stage right” look as it gained latitude.  Ending up under Eastport.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

The curl is crucial for eastern areas,  if it doesn’t, it’ll allow the cold to feed in earlier and change the rain over snow 

Just now, Wentzadelphia said:

I’ve arrived to Henniker...I’m almost tempted to eat the money and head East lol....nah anything can happen and I’m not rich. I’m happy with 8 or 9, but hopeful for a foot plus obviously.

You could make a last-minute decision in the morning based on how things look.You could make a last-minute decision in the morning based on how things look.

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

You could make a last-minute decision in the morning based on how things look.You could make a last-minute decision in the morning based on how things look.

Yeah if all the models follow suite and the 6z NAM continues I just might consider it 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The band sig was near Ryan and Kevin into  ORH county and SNH. Than sort of reformed east.

I feel like it still looks good on the NAM back this way. Real nice 700mb front/TROWAL action through central CT.