• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

Typhoon Tip

Saturday
Rain. Temperature falling to around 34 by 5pm. Breezy, with a north wind 6 to 11 mph increasing to 18 to 23 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow, mainly before 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 30. Blustery, with a west wind 20 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
so possibly 4-7?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, correnjim1 said:
Saturday
Rain. Temperature falling to around 34 by 5pm. Breezy, with a north wind 6 to 11 mph increasing to 18 to 23 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow, mainly before 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 30. Blustery, with a west wind 20 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
so possibly 4-7?

I don't think BOS is seeing 4-7.

Welp, after that Euro run I am officially on the way. About to get on 95 actually. God I love this stuff. Hopefully traffic isn’t horrible. What I found interesting was the manager at the motel was kind of surprised about the snow after I told him I was coming. 

thanks again for the help and recommendations!

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I just need enough to cover the grass I recently cut super short, to chuck junior down the front lawn in his sled. I don’t see that happenning though. 

Yeah, I’ll believe totals when it’s actually on the ground.  Northern Worcester County has always been the lock with this one.  

...and most other snowstorms for that matter.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Greg said:

It actually could on the low end of the scale of that. This will have better dynamics than the 4.3" storm before Halloween.

We'll need it to really go to town. Any showery crap near the dryslot and forget it. That storm had a much better airmass. Hate to see it. 

3 minutes ago, Greg said:

It actually could on the low end of the scale of that. This will have better dynamics than the 4.3" storm before Halloween.

The airmass was a lot better in the Halloween event though.....funny we are saying that for a 12/5 storm.

But yeah, once this CCB gets cranking and the storm is imploding over the Cape and just north, that is when near BOS could rip for a time. It will only happen though if were seeing huge UVVs. They may be rotting west of BOS metro for a while in late afternoon.

• Like 1

Kinda sucks this is suck a quick mover. Might be tough to pull more than 10-12'' but if someone can rip 3-4''/hour rates for like 2 hours then it's very doable. But...there look to be some hints that the band could end up pivoting. Like it initially develops east, but then gets shifted west as the dynamical process continues to evolve and as the low pulls away it pivots back over eastern sections.