• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

Typhoon Tip

Not personally impressed with the ICON performance but ... most models scoring C .. C- on this so it may get cut a break. ...save the Euro, which despite some recent cackling/street cred has been more consistent within acceptable error 

anyway this run may very well be the most impressive cinema to date bar none. ... 

sumilar to what Will was saying re the RG’ ... not sure I buy ICONic dynamics in CCB R++ rain ball without a more aggressive ptype conversion. It does eventually go over but pussy foots around 

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Well.. I wouldn't say that. It puts a lot of central and northern Connecticut back in the game. And we are southern New England

You have to understand when SEMA folk say SNE...they refer to the love triangle of Boston, Orh, Taunton. Everyone outside of there are considered new yorkers or canadians.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It wasn't premature....we are 24 hours from the start with the mid level banding modeled in that area, regardless of what the SPED clown maps show.

Given the low position at the time of the WSW call, the low was way too far east on all the major models, except the GFS. The NWS mets must have anticipated a westward shift.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You have to understand when SEMA folk say SNE...they refer to the love triangle of Boston, Orh, Taunton. Everyone outside of there are considered new yorkers or canadians.

Lol.. That's funny because we consider you guys the lobsta pottas... The cape and the islands... But not SNE..lolol ( jk )

• Haha 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That is a sort of now cast . I could see the 800’ hill in neighboring Hollis see a foot while I end with 2” but man that’s close . MHT has warning snows for most of city and a foot one town W and N 

Yeah we are really on the razor’s edge between plowable cement and some pity slush as the low pulls away. Gut says cement but it’s going to be close. 

Nah ... no way folks. The 850mb 0C isotherms regionally collapses E of Logan and the model holds heavy R type fall rates under deep UVM in the CCB ...

that’s busting too warm ... column definitely implodes at the same cooling rate plumb to the surface there over interior eastern MA/N RI

• Like 2

Just now, RDRY said:

Obviously. Yet plenty on here also go by model output and even the pros were dubious of a western Mass hit this afternoon.

Well, let’s see what tomorrow looks like. I am still not sold on plowable snow out here.  I would need to wake up to all of the models ticking back NW and amped to be more confident here.  That being said, a bombing system between the BM and Chatham would certainly have some great ML magic for somebody west of the river.. 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Nah ... no way folks. The 850mb 0C isotherms regionally collapses E of Logan and the model holds heavy R type fall rates under deep UVM in the CCB ...

that’s busting too warm ... column definitely implodes at the same cooling rate plumb to the surface there over interior eastern MA/N RI

Yea, I was wondering that, too......kind of RGEM type thermal issue.

I was just interpreting verbatim.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

glad you said it, 925 also crashes at around 48 hrs..