• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

Typhoon Tip

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Just a crude look at H7 and H5 RH tells me this throws heavy snow pretty far west. Still looks like ORH west has that best signal. Definitely room in central MA if it went east.

Still seems like extreme western Mass is fringed at best.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Effing ECMWF. I wish you could get good graphics/soundings, but instead the free stuff is an interface designed by the makers of fooking Tetris.

I think the menu on Super Tecmo Bowl was more organized than ecmwf.int

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You become numb to it after years of virtual abuse. We need gulf lows Miller A’s like 96 or 16. Once in a blue moon we’ll get the western edge of a Jan 11 or Feb 13 Miller B but those are the exception not the rule. God made the CT river for a reason ha. 

No fringing in 13 here bro...we got the mother load.   

I think this throws plenty of precip west if that euro stays about where it is now. I’m actually fine where I’m at for this. Being  25 miles east of you I’m in a lil better spot with these.   I’ll take my 5.5 inches the euro spit out and be happy.  

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You become numb to it after years of virtual abuse. We need gulf lows Miller A’s like 96 or 16. Once in a blue moon we’ll get the western edge of a Jan 11 or Feb 13 Miller B but those are the exception not the rule. God made the CT river for a reason ha. 

Miller A’s are extinct.  
I think it was Ray(?) that said this year did not look to favor WNE. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

No fringing in 13 here bro...we got the mother load.   

I think this throws plenty of precip west if that euro stays about where it is now. I’m actually fine where I’m at for this. Being  25 miles east of you I’m in a lil better spot with these.   I’ll take my 5.5 inches the euro spit out and be happy.  

This will keep ticking E.

39 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Trees and decks are collapsing !

Not trying to be a dink but it seems these trends turning page into shorter range are to narrow the axial impact pretty close to Willamantic CT -- Worcester Hills east in particular from nuanced topographic lift -- on up to ASH/MHT

Over the western side of that ... mmm

I think it may expand a little farther W-NW ... I like the structure of the 'fanning' 500 mb left exit jet field - that's going to draw up some lift and I wouldn't be shocked if we see a poorly modeled additional arced or amorphous banding feature smeared out that way... I don't know if that's going to be enough for 'decks and trees' issues where you are.  

But this looks like power problems to me further east along said axis .. ..even if we do the dynamic 31.2 F ... that is going to cake some serious mass loading ...and then tossing isollobaric wind response ... ho man - 

I mean, power goes out ... power goes out - big deal.  I just personally hate it because my f'n house is all electric for heat... then of course, light and internet/television and it's completely cut off from the world in a house steadily cooling while surrounding by a fresh foot of seasonal blue bomb snow...  

the novelty of that runs out really, really f'n fast man - 

By the way folks, this is a classic front half of December blue bomb... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Think we could be in the game for a few inches at the end here?

Maybe, you need uber dynamics to get much of anything I think. I usually play them conservative when you have a marginal airmass and depending in dynamics. Also, best banding I think is west of us so you need an east tick verbatim on the euro.