• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

3K NAM is like 50kts of wind driven paste. Nothing left standing. 

That was fun, we'll see what the big boy models do though. 

Yeah 3km is a bit more wrapped up...better for the central interior folks than the 12km run.

Dec3_12z_3kmNAM57.png

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

3K NAM is like 50kts of wind driven paste. Nothing left standing. 

That was fun, we'll see what the big boy models do though. 

Exactly, I think we will see the Euro tic east some, GFS went west, The area outlined here may be a good zone when its all said and done.

image.thumb.png.588682539060ae5abd9057d921330137.png

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

The 3k NAM has a much better look here than the 12k. I noticed you guys don’t seem to use the 3k NAM as much? The Mets at LWX told us to basically use it exclusively over the 12k. We just hug the snowiest output of course. LOL

I use it. A tool, like anything else. Sometimes it's good with very dynamic systems, sometimes it can be a little wrapped up. It's good for meso things like CAD etc.

Euro has been pretty consistent with a snowstorm for me. NAM at 00z missed me, crushed me at 06z, back to minor snows at 12z. Hard to have faith in that. 

Trending wrong way. GFS is the superior model right now in this regime. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I use it. A tool, like anything else. Sometimes it's good with very dynamic systems, sometimes it can be a little wrapped up. It's good for meso things like CAD etc.

Make sense. If the 3k ran a few more panels I think it would show the same big totals up here the 12k 06z had. So I feel better. :)  

Hope the GFS helps clear things up, not holding my breath. 

Make sense. If the 3k ran a few more panels I think it would show the same big totals up here the 12k 06z had. So I feel better. :)  

Yeah, It was just getting here at hr60, I think you end up being fine, At least we will have a few more folks to talk to when its ripping here and folks south are done, Usually i talk to myself, ha ha

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

I think you are in a good spot. I feel like this system is a classic look for going west of the QPF max/gradient for good snows...esp up that way when the mid level lows mature more. 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

That salmon there ... I almost see that as snow with bullets embedded and occasional lightning 

So, I'm a little confused with something. What's the difference of the 3 km Nam model run as opposed to the regular 12z run? My thinking is the Euro will come east a little bit more I still see snow in North central Connecticut

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, It was just getting here at hr60, I think you end up being fine, At least we will have a few more folks to talk to when its ripping here and folks south are done, Usually i talk to myself, ha ha

I’ve realized that about Vermont and here in many events. They are sometimes snowing for hours before I see much. LOL that’s a lot of @powderfreak and J. Spin obs to endure while waiting. :)  

• Haha 1