Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

6 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Yea, the 18z really lacked the organized intense CCB band that's going to be the determining factor for the eastern half of PA of  having widespread excessive totals come to fruition or more like what the NWS is putting out with the 7-12" warnings. Still tremendous differences in the short range guidance. Check out the RGEM, the Mid-Atlantic folks probably fainted. 

I retract my RGEM comment for now, I was looking at 12z. 18z hasn't ran yet. But still, a tremendous difference. This is why CTP is playing the slow but steady game with this.. although probably should've had the watches expanded more early today. 

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That was my original concern that I thought was gone.

Until Monday night I dont think your concern is off the table.  Big nooners today were pretty much awesome, but its still far enough out there to warrant concern.  B's have the short term ability to rob and steal like Yeagermister did in rudolph.  Seeing the majors tracks makes me feel we should be able to get somewhere between ctp's conservative approach and some of the nooner Op and Ens guidance.  The retrograde really helps the ccb's IMO.  Meso's should paint the picture starting tonight

Just now, Wmsptwx said:

Bust potential with Miller Bs last until it’s actually taking place. Sooo many moving parts.

True but what do you call a bust we get a great front end thump? There is not a single model telling us that otherwise and other than the NAM 18z it is even better with the coastal. 

Just now, paweather said:

True but what do you call a bust we get a great front end thump? There is not a single model telling us that otherwise and other than the NAM 18z it is even better with the coastal. 

For here anything more than 4 or 5 isn’t a bust, for LSV I’d say anything more than 7 or 8 from this would be good total. Bust would be if thump erodes and coastal low gets going too far north and east and we end up with lower end advisory stuff.

2 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

For here anything more than 4 or 5 isn’t a bust, for LSV I’d say anything more than 7 or 8 from this would be good total. Bust would be if thump erodes and coastal low gets going too far north and east and we end up with lower end advisory stuff.

Gotcha. Miller B's are always real time events. We get excited because of the consistency we are seeing in models with high end totals but your right this could bust lower end. Still better off than 2020.