Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

To be fair, I'm not selling. I'm trying to have a balanced discussion including hype, logic, reason, and everything in between. I'm not rooting against this nor do I hope that I'm right in what I'm thinking right now. I'm here for one reason, it's not to play poo poo or to be a pain in the arse. But things have happened, are happening, and I'm offering a counterpoint. I will try and post actual weather updates going forward and leave my thoughts and opinions out of here.

dude, all good and why we are here.  Point/counterpoint is how we learn and what makes this sport fun.  

No need to explain....I'm not easily offended.  I totally get your point.  I'm just doing the same from a different lens.  

If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow the same way I last did.  Eat the feathers and throw the meat.  :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

dude, all good and why we are here.  Point/counterpoint is how we learn and what makes this sport fun.  

No need to explain....I'm not easily offended.  I totally get your point.  I'm just doing the same from a different lens.  

If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow the same way I last did.  Eat the feathers and throw the meat.  :P

I agree, Point and Counterpoints are all good. It is all healthy discussions. But if I get a car topper on Sunday someone may have to ban me. :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

HAHA. I think everyone is unsure of this storm, no doubt. 

Yep, and seeing the latest and "greatest" para, explains what I'm getting at.  Like suggested by some yesterday, a compromise between camps is not a bad hunch to work off of, as we've seen all majors struggle of late.  That's not me wishing, that's just my trying to understand the disparities we are seeing inside of 48 hrs till go time.

• Like 1

Just now, pasnownut said:

Fair enough. 

I'm not here to cast doom and gloom. I've been going on 3 hours sleep all week solely to stay up for the Euro, hoping and hoping that I see something that I like. The past 2 days I haven't seen that. I'm not here to piss on Cheerios, I'm here because I have a passion for weather in general, snow in particular, and I love to read and share. Funny, by nature I'm known as an extremely positive/optimistic person, but, and this is a big but...I do not roll with blinders on. I will not ignore negative things and pretend they don't exist. I tend to be the first, or one of the first, to throw the challenge flag in this thread. I've been an ardent follower of the weather since 1972. I've learned a LOT over the years, received a 104% final grade on Meteo in school, and would have pursued my met degree in college if life wouldn't have thrown me a curve ball years ago. 

You've said this yourself - it's easy to be negative because more often than not, we fail when it comes to snow. If i downplay and you hype every potential event, I'll be right more than you. We know this, but that is NOT my intent. I try and share the why. And there are times when my "why" is off base even though I end up being "right" but the bottom line is this - I'm really just trying to be objective. Sometimes I take it too far, yes. But look...I want it to snow. Like really, really bad. And I'm looking for signs that this thing is going to come back. 

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I've never once had them. :) 

If that's you in the avatar, you look like one of those sociopaths who ate Cap'n Crunch and didn't bitch about the roof of your mouth being treated like its sole purpose was to detonate IEDs... 

Either that or you've been eating Cream of Wheat your entire life. There is precisely zero middle ground. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, canderson said:

This storm's like trying to predict the outcome of a first blind date. 

Is the concept of a second blind date even possible? Unless you meant two blind ****s meeting up and trying to line up to the hole, after the first date, it's no longer blind. 

Back to the weather: They're still trying to learn how the Earth is going to behave. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

If that's you in the avatar, you look like one of those sociopaths who ate Cap'n Crunch and didn't bitch about the roof of your mouth being treated like its sole purpose was to detonate IEDs... 

Either that or you've been eating Cream of Wheat your entire life. There is precisely zero middle ground. 

It is indeed me...2019 in Washington DC at the international HR conference. I started every day there with a big a** bowl of Cap'n Crunch! 

16 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Oddly enough, studies show that pissing on Cheerios are the only way that shit is edible. And if you're diabetic, it's an easier way to achieve Honey Nut Cheerios. 

My breakfast of late as i watch sugar as well.

You can try the piss part. Let us know how you like it.  lol