Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

30 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Der IKON is about 15-20 miles or so north of having a Wormleysburg bullseye of 24"+. I know that's all the briefing you need to hear haha. 

Most guidance remains very solid on 6"+ for C-PA below I-80. GFS tracks the primary more closely to the Euro now, starting to minimize mixing in the LSV last couple runs. The Euro was better getting precip from the primary into PA, which is a key part of elevating the totals where the precip shield pivots as the lows transfer. 

I’m not sure if anyone posted the 18z ICON... but it was a CTP crusher with a bullseye less than 30 miles from my house!

A31D3C78-420F-45ED-9BBD-FC4E76C77673.png

10 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Too early to panic.    All models have been trending toward a big storm as euro has showed for days for the euro to fumble at the goal line.   

Maybe. But everything is shifting south in response to the confluence. If that eases up, we're okay. Right now, it gets stronger each run. 

57 minutes ago, AllWeather said:

Seems like it's all I have time for lately - the real estate market is INSANE right now. That being said...

These Miller Bs are always butt clenchers....always. So many things can go wrong. That being said, I like the southern/southeastern half of the state per the ensembles. I also think with that anomalous fetch off the ocean, some underplaying in QPF on the globals is likely.

Thanks for coming on! I am excited. 

Here is the 18z Euro at hour 90 at the end of the run and also here is the 18z GFS for hour 90.

I don’t see much of a difference. The GFS in the next several hours pulled the low back in closer to the coast and hammered us with the CCB as it stalled out and then slowly moved out.

Still plenty of time for adjustments to the bullseye.

F1B64736-241A-4B48-A64D-C774B48E0198.png

1E357448-3BE5-4C0D-8D3F-E5F44352BB18.png

It looked like the Euro was heading for a somewhat further south heavy snow swath than it's 12z run, especially in eastern PA associated with the coastal low taking over. Looked like it was going to try to squeeze NE PA to some degree and stuff the heavy axis more toward the mason-dixon into northern MD and DC.  Western PA is still seeing 6+ amounts through 90 with it still snowing.  

18z Euro ensemble mean is south of 12z some overall with the heavy swath. 

1139353034_ScreenShot2021-01-28at8_13_23PM.thumb.png.abbf5e1d16c66a673abe2093ab3cd569.png